Tri Tip Sale

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
got an email the other day and this changed my whole day today
took a hike to appleton wisconsin this morning to pick-up some of this

DSCN1541.JPG

while i was there, i also picked-up a coupla dozen brats, the finest in wisconsin, in my opinion.
anyway, seasoned the tri with a rub from Weber's Big Book Of Grilling (page 108)
direct over high heat for 5 minutes each side then indirect until 130ºF.

DSCN1548.JPG

super small baby Yukons and patty pans and onions with peppers all joined in the fun.

DSCN1549.JPG

hickory wood was use for smoke flavour

DSCN1551.JPG

DSCN1552.JPG

DSCN1554.JPG

DSCN1555.JPG

sliced thin...

DSCN1559.JPG

...and served on super fresh & soft whole wheat rolls with horseradish & sharp cheddar & Muenster cheeses

DSCN1561.JPG

DSCN1562.JPG

the 120 mile one-way trip was well worth it.
Next time i go, i'll swing by to pick up:
•Ron in 'Tosa,
•Jim in Pewaukee,
•Brad in Stoughton,
•Stu in West Bend,
•Kim in Campbellsport,
....and
•Pete D. in Appleton
(who turned me on to Jacob's Meat Market)
did i miss anyone?? I only have a two-seater Jeep

Thanks for visiting, So long! :-h

Looks great - do you take visitors or just those you pick up? Do you grow the patty pans? I have not seen them for sale around here, not even the seeds. Are they similar to growing cukes and zukes?

Tri tip is the bomb, almost impossible to get around here. I've gotten lucky a couple of times and scored and loved it. Great pics and food Jim!

Great cook and great meat! Yep, you missed someone. Swing by Pennsylvania and pick me up. I'll buy the beer............

Jim is "Calirornia Dreamin" after that cook!!! Great looking Tri Jim...ya did us Californians proud!!

Excellent looking Tri Tip! Nice sides too. I'm hungry. Oh and I also think hickory wood is a great choice with Tri Tip. I tried some others (oak etc...) but to me this cut just screams when it gets a dose of hickory. It's even better the next day. If you don't eat it all the first night!

Last edited:
Jim,
Out of curiosity what does tri tip go for per pound where you are, it is 2.79 untrimmed and about 3.79 trimmed in my area of orange county ca.
Danny

WoW... I am going to look this place up..I never have seen tri-tip advertised in this area.....Nice looking tri-tip...great looking meal!

Thanks everyone:)
David, we do grow patty pans, i could not find seeds locally, so i mail order for them...
Danny, WHEN i do find tri- tip around here, it goes for 6.98 (Trader Joes) to 10.99 (Sendiks) per pound.
this buy was sale priced at 4.99 per lb

Thanks for the heads up, Jim! I stopped by there this morning and picked up two myself. I'm probably going to have them tomorrow night for dinner.

Well hecky darn, swing on down to the Lou, tie a rope around my leg, and drag me with you too!
I can get t-tips here, but not the best brats in Wisconsin!

You grill better with 9 digits than most of us do with 10!
KKiller CCook JJim!!!

Back