Tri-tip questions

Todd,

You do not need a food service business license. Go to the website and register, pick any category, and then show up with a business license. Most of us know someone that would let us make a copy.of theirs. Name of the business must match of course, but it doesn't have to be a food business.

Good to know, I got in through a BBQ association invite and a few co-workers also wanted a membership. I'll let them know about this route

Found this great video Chris has posted on the Homepage about the proper way to carve a Tri-Tip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...index=3&feature=plcp

Very well done and easy to understand. I Smoked two today. Hope to post pic's in the Photo Gallery later. I got the grain directions right but found out it was so tender that I will need a new sharper knife to slice it as thin as Chris does.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd H:
You are correct, they are both owned by the same company. Where I live (Oregon), anyone can get into a Cash & Carry to shop. But to get into Restaurant Depot you need a food service related business license to get a membership (it's free though) and prices are a bit cheaper with a much larger selection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't think so. Cash and Carry in the Pacific Northwest is owned by Smart and Final in California. Restaurant Depot corporate offices are in New York.

Back