Tri-Tip experiment

That looks awesome Tony!! Great job! :D

Wonder why mine was almost underdone and I took it to 139* before the sear? http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?43122-Quickie-Tuesday-Night-Tri-Tip
Maybe the injection helped out. I'll have to give that a "shot" :p.

What do you mean underdone?
I checked out your post and it was nice and red..
When I did my first tri tip I think I pulled at 145 but that was because maribel didn't want any red in the meat.. Now she likes med-rare or rare steaks...:)

What do you mean underdone?
I checked out your post and it was nice and red..
When I did my first tri tip I think I pulled at 145 but that was because maribel didn't want any red in the meat.. Now she likes med-rare or rare steaks...:)

Well, I was shooting for more medium, because that's the way she likes it (actually med well). Me n' da kids will eat it still mooing. ;)
I ended up just taking her slices and searing them separately.

Well, I was shooting for more medium, because that's the way she likes it (actually med well). Me n' da kids will eat it still mooing. ;)
I ended up just taking her slices and searing them separately.

I see... Maribel recently converted to eating steak rare to med rare.

I am a new comer to this Tri Tip business. I'd never even seen one till I ran into you guys. Now they're one of my favorite cuts. As always Tony's cooks inspire. I like this experiment and may have to try it out on the family. ...soon!

Looks like you've done this more than just once Tony? I have yet to do a Tri, don't know why?

This is my 3rd one ever... I never tasted one. But after seeing John Solak and other members posting tri tips I had to make my own. Try it and you will be hooked.

Back