tri-tip cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason in California

Closed Account
Last night, I did a tri-tip on my Performer. Seasoned with Susie Q, used Red Oak wood to smoke and cooked to internal temp of 125F.

DSC00335a.jpg

DSC00338a.jpg

DSC00342a.jpg

DSC00341a.jpg

DSC00340a.jpg

DSC00345a.jpg

DSC00346a.jpg

also did some beer brats on my Q:
DSC00343a.jpg

Nice pics you have here. What's your method for the brats? I'm trying to get them down but always seem to over or undercook them. Did them the other night like this:

-foil pan like yours
-1 whole onion
-1 32oz newcastle brown ale
-6 brats
-directly over coals (half chimney) for 40 mins, flipping once
-direct over heat for 5 minutes per side

(all times are guestimates)

Is that way off? Thanks

The tri looks great, and surely tasted as great.

Like the rig, too....looks oddly familiar?

NewBBQ002.jpg

thanks guys, it was good. sorry, i realized that i forgot to take sliced pics after I was already full!

as for the brats, i can't help you much there since my friend was on brat duty while i took care of the tri-tip, but i believe it was just some beer, an onion, some butter all in the pan inside the Q300. not sure for how long, we were drinking quite a bit of beer while watching the laker game.

Wow look's awesome Jason, Jason was that a whole tri-tip roast or just the tri-tip. The reason i am asking is i called my local HEB market, asked if they sold tri-tip, there answer was they just sell the tri-tip not the whole tri-tip roast. I have never cooked one before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
Wow look's awesome Jason, Jason was that a whole tri-tip roast or just the tri-tip. The reason i am asking is i called my local HEB market, asked if they sold tri-tip, there answer was they just sell the tri-tip not the whole tri-tip roast. I have never cooked one before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to be honest, I don't know what they were referring to. Maybe you can go take a look and if it looks something like what is in the pictures in Chris' cooking topics section for tri-tip, then you should be good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back