Treating rust on frame of Genesis 1000

Most is surface rust. Was reading ratings on the Eastwoods and they said if you aren't putting on 100% rust (Some rust and some bare metal or paint) it will never dry. Hmmm.

I was on their site the rust converter needs total rust if I read it right, the encapsulator is fine going over rusted and non-rusted metal and that is what I used.

Rust Converter NEEDS 100% rust present in order for it to work correctly and to fully cure.

I have a can of Eastwood Rust Encapsolator. It arrived this morning. I will be giving it a shot soon. But, I think I mistakenly ordered "RED" unless that is the only color it comes in. I wish it was black. How hard is it to paint over??

Bruce like LM said since your are going to topcoat it no worries, spray it on sand with 320 then shoot it. It sands very easy use the wet and dry if you have it.

Alright then. Thanks guys. I think I have a plan.
I am going to go over it a bit with a wire brush on a cordless drill and then shoot it with the Eastwood Rust Encapsolator and then do some sanding and then a top coat with Rustoleum Ultra High Heat in black.

Hey Bruce BTW did you get the extension hose so you can shoot inside the frame? Though I have not done this personally it would seem that for a grill you want to "keep" it would be a great thing to shoot the entire frame internally.

THis is a resell project. I will spray some inside, but the frame seems structurally sound aside from the area around the cook box mounting holes.

Back