Traveling for thanksgiving.

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
We’re heading to the beach. So today was cooking day. When you rent a house you just never know why kind of cooking equipment you’ll have. Also I didn’t want to pack the Weber. Today I cooked the spatched bird on the Weber with cherry and pecan. I also made dinner rolls in the cast iron. Annalee will make mini (3”-4”) fireball pumpkin pies tonight. We premade our stuffin muffins. Rest of the sides will be made at the beach. Well have caramelized basaltic Brussel sprouts and mashed taters with gravy. I simmered the neck backbone and yielded 8 cups of stock. Which I froze and vacuum packed. Two cups of which will be for the gravy.

Sorry no photos of the bird on the smoker. It’s raining cats and dogs.

7DD4E23C-46DB-4BD7-A363-972AB068A73E.jpeg

72882BD2-66E0-42A7-821F-D9D42CA417AA.jpeg

1FA80396-9035-442C-A039-C793FB20AAC5.jpeg

Oh yeah I dry brined the bird for 24 hrs uncovered in the fridge. Seasoned with garlic, onion, white pepper and cracked black pepper

Awesome work, Case. Looking good. We did that same dry brine, too. Always works.

Excellent rolls, man! Hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Btw, what is fireball pumpkin pie??

Case everything looks great, I don't know how you did not tear into that turkey with the skin being so perfect!
How do the stuffing cups hold up being done early. I do stuffing balls that are similar to your stuffing cups and I would love to prep them today, but just don't know how they would store overnight

Case everything looks great, I don't know how you did not tear into that turkey with the skin being so perfect!
How do the stuffing cups hold up being done early. I do stuffing balls that are similar to your stuffing cups and I would love to prep them today, but just don't know how they would store overnight
Sorry for the late reply. TRhe stuffin muffins hold up great. We actually freeze them too. Then thaw the, out and put under the broiler for a few minutes to re-crisp them.

Back