Travelers on sale. $249

Pulled from Best Buy’s website, I wonder if they caught crap for dropping the price to $249

Pulled from Best Buy’s website, I wonder if they caught crap for dropping the price to $249
I’m kinda wondering the same. Mine is coming from “Amazon.com Services LLC” which, I’m not sure what that is exactly. Amazon or a third party seller for Amazon or a front? But after it was posted no longer on sale, I looked where others were coming from and not one was the same as mine.

Wonder if there was stock somewhere, or what. I’m assuming Weber did not give their stamp of approval. Should be here Friday, shall see, fingers crossed.

Considering most retailers now sell the Weber Traveler for the current list price of $399, this is a really good Labor Day Sale deal: $279.20 ($349 less a 20% off coupon), plus $5 for shipping, plus the sales tax charged for wherever you are located. You do have to join their free (membership rewards) Hub Rewards program to get the 20% off coupon, but it only takes a few seconds to sign up! The retailer is PublicLands.com (a subsidiary of the company that also owns Dicks Sporting Goods, Field and Steam stores, etc.). I've attached a screengrab of the deal:

Attachments

• ZGrill.jpg
    ZGrill.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 12
My bad & I love your enthusiasm! I have no horse in the race as I am a charcoal kind of guy...sorry!
Eric, No problem! :) I'm a charcoal guy too...sometimes. I was looking for a Traveler to take camping, and bought one on this exact deal from them, and it arrived today via FedEx. Just passing this deal along, in the event someone else might be looking to buy one as well!

Thinking that the Q1200 is a better fit for me than a Traveler. YMMV.....
Speaking of the Weber Q1200, if anyone lives in a city that has an REI outdoor store, they discontinued all of their Weber items months ago, but some stores still have remaining inventory. My local store had 3 or 4 of the Q 1200s on clearance for $182 (they also carried the Traveler as well, but those are all long gone). You can't find the Weber stuff on their web site anymore; you have to physically check at your local REI store(s). My REI store also has the Smokey Joe Premium for $25.93, and the smaller Weber charcoal chimney for $12.93.

Thinking that the Q1200 is a better fit for me than a Traveler. YMMV.....
Same here. I love the looks of the Traveler and had a chance to get one for $250, but I folded up the display model and found it too bulky for my needs. I recently sold the Q cart because it just sat in the garage. I can always find a place to set the Q1200. If I find the right deal, I'll downsize the beach/mountain grill setup even more, inspired by the Go Anywhere hacks that fit all the gear inside.

I really want to get a Traveler, but only because I love buying new Webers. lol. I can't justify buying it, even at $25 off, when I have a Q1200 and can just get the cart for it and it's pretty much the same from a practical perspective. And, as for a portable propane grill, my Go Anywhere is far more portable. I just can't find a reason to pull the trigger on the Traveler. They do look awesome, though.
Mike; Thinking of buying a new Q1200 here in Costa Rica at a "bargain" cost of $310.00:rolleyes: This will be the first gasser added to my present BBQ Charcoal Arsenal which includes a WSM 18" "Classic" bought new in year 2008, Weber Performer Deluxe and Weber Smoky Joe. I feel this would be a great addition for Quick-Cooks; i.e., hamburgers, hot dogs, chorizo, etc.

Question; is this unit easy-to-clean and maintain??

Last edited:
Mike; Thinking of buying a new Q1200 here in Costa Rica at a "bargain" cost of $310.00:rolleyes: This will be the first gasser added to my present BBQ Charcoal Arsenal which includes a WSM 18" "Classic" bought new in year 2008, Weber Performer Deluxe and Weber Smoky Joe. I feel this would be a great addition for Quick-Cooks; i.e., hamburgers, hot dogs, chorizo, etc.

Question; is this unit easy-to-clean and maintain??
The Q1200 is a fantastic little grill. Just know it gets really hot and is a searing machine. It's strictly for grilling and searing for me. But, it is really really good at it. Cleaning is easy. I have my plastic putty knife and I just scrape the inside down into the grease drain hole every month or so. The grates are porcelain coated cast iron so they retain and transfer a lot of heat. I don't really clean them much other than heating them up and a quick brushing with a wire brush. Very low maintenance and very effective cooker.

BTW, They are now $259 here up from $219, so your price of $310 isn't horrible at all to be honest. It's a great grill and I think you will love having it in your arsenal.

IMG_20220524_120254329_HDR (1).jpg

IMG_20220524_120241564_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220613_180915448_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220427_175834762_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201120_182731379.jpg

IMG_20210711_190123597.jpg

IMG_20210711_191541556.jpg

IMG_20210227_182432783.jpg

IMG_20201106_191032564.jpg

IMG_20190615_195706968.jpg

IMG_20190615_141048697_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190615_140058452_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
The Q1200 is a fantastic little grill. Just know it gets really hot and is a searing machine. It's strictly for grilling and searing for me. But, it is really really good at it. Cleaning is easy. I have my plastic putty knife and I just scrape the inside down into the grease drain hole every month or so. The grates are porcelain coated cast iron so they retain and transfer a lot of heat. I don't really clean them much other than heating them up and a quick brushing with a wire brush. Very low maintenance and very effective cooker.

BTW, They are now $259 here up from $219, so your price of $310 isn't horrible at all to be honest. It's a great grill and I think you will love having it in your arsenal.

View attachment 58581

View attachment 58580

View attachment 58582

View attachment 58579

View attachment 58587

View attachment 58578

View attachment 58583

View attachment 58577

View attachment 58576

View attachment 58586

View attachment 58585

View attachment 58584
Mike: Thanx for this information with these great photos of the WeberQ1200. My stumbling block in an immediate purchase is my "better-half" who prefers charcoal grilled goodies from my three(3) Weber charcoal units.

We have been invited to many of her brother's Gas grilling sessions which has produced few hit but many miss grilling sessions. He has an old Charbroil gasser which is easy to light-up but produces somewhat lousy BBQ goodies:confused:

However, I still am actively thinking of buying this Weber Q.

Back