Totally unbelievable !

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is rediculouse for sure.
i would send this topic to weber customer service and see what they say. time to talk to a head suprevisor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronald Eaches:
Hi to all

Here is the update on my grill.

They said that the lid has been redesigned, they said the handle bracket has been shortened and the heat shield was not needed now. Look's to me like if the handle bracket has been shortened, you would need the heat more that ever!

Also I got replacement bottom #4 this Friday and it to was bad.
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ronald, I wonder if when you talk to them next if it would be possible for them to open the box and inspect it before sending it to you. It would save them and you a lot of hassle.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timothy Hoffman:
Ronald, I wonder if when you talk to them next if it would be possible for them to open the box and inspect it before sending it to you. It would save them and you a lot of hassle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thy say that they have done that, yet when I get it, the box has no damage, not even a dent, but the part in side is bent up.

i feel your pain.
yikes
after the first cpl damaged bowls i didnt post about them. some bowls they asked to be shipped back, most they said to keep. all in all i think i had 5 bad replacements in a row.
i have 3 extra charcoal bowls from damaged shipments, mostly chipped on the edge. i sent pics every time but one cs person questioned my honesty. hang in there. they will make it right. gary grazin at weber is the guy who took charge of my case and saw it through.
i have had visions of making a 26 wsm
icon_razz.gif
but i doubt i'll ever see that happen.

Here is a update on my 26 3/4" grill.

I got the grill on 3/31/10 And they have not to this day, been able to send me a grill bottom that is not bad. they have now sent me a total of 5 bottoms and they have all been bad.

As I said before this is Totally Unbelievable !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronald Eaches:

Thy say that they have done that, yet when I get it, the box has no damage, not even a dent, but the part in side is bent up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because a box shows no damage does not mean it wasn't shipping damage. Did you ask to see if they could ship with a different carrier?

I hope I have better luck with Weber CS than Ronald. I've had this Ranch kettle for 2 years before I cleaned it with soap and water last weekend and noticed several dings around the perimeter which are rusting in two different locations. I called Weber Tuesday and informed them of my discovery and they told me to expect a new lid in 7-10 days and keep the one I have... I've been thinking...Sweet!...until now. I will keep my fingers crossed and comment on the new lid after I inspect it. Wish me luck.

1998 lid 0.030"
1998 bowl 0.055"
2010 lid 0.035"
2010 bowl 0.060"
QUOTE]

Could you give us a weight comparison of the new and old lids. I think the group would appreciate that.

Thanks

well i hope weber NEVER considers going cheap on the metal parts of the grill, I have a OTG that sits out in the elements that I bought in 2001 and still looks and cooks great.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kent:
1998 lid 0.030"
1998 bowl 0.055"
2010 lid 0.035"
2010 bowl 0.060"
QUOTE]

Could you give us a weight comparison of the new and old lids. I think the group would appreciate that.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sure will.

I was in HEB this weekend and picked up the lid on a 26 incher and it was heavy. Felt really solid. I know its bigger and all but it felt solid. I want that grill bad. They have them on sale for $200!

I got the grill on 3/31/10 And they have not to this day, been able to send me a grill bottom that is not bad. they have now sent me a total of 5 bottoms and they have all been bad.

As I said before this is Totally Unbelievable ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly is wrong with the bottoms?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoeW:

As I said before this is Totally Unbelievable ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What exactly is wrong with the bottoms? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The handle bracket is bent and the porcelain is chipped off. The last one had the porcelain chipped off on the rim of the bowl.

I have a old Smokey Joe that is at lest 7 years old, and it has set outside uncovered the 7 years that I have had it, and it still looks good.

I don't think the porcelain is as good on the new grills.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kent:
1998 lid 0.030"
1998 bowl 0.055"
2010 lid 0.035"
2010 bowl 0.060"
QUOTE]

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kent, Weight comparison of 2008 vs. 2010 Ranch Kettle lids, is as follows:

Both lids weighed approximately 23lbs.

I'm a satisfied customer
icon_smile.gif

I purchased a new 26" a couple of months ago. The bottom bowl had large bubbles of paint or porcelain. The fins on the one touch would barely move. I called and rec'd a new bowl in three days. I thought it would come assembled, with the one touch blades. Mine we bent, so I called and they sent the blades. I have no heat shield on the handle either. But I have had the thermometer pegged and lifted the lid off with no problems.I purchased one after lifting the lid and it is very well made. The new red weber with the side tables felt like it was not well made at all.

[/QUOTE]
Kent, Weight comparison of 2008 vs. 2010 Ranch Kettle lids, is as follows:
Both lids weighed approximately 23lbs.
I'm a satisfied customer
icon_smile.gif
[/QUOTE]

Thanks much, That really nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back