Top Rack vs. Bottom Rack Temp Difference

If you have a 22", why don't you cook both butts on the same rack? I cook 2 butts on one rack on my 18" in comps.

I hate to break the news, but comp cooking is all about adjusting to your conditions, especially when cooking on a wsm. I can see somebody running a tight schedule with pellet cooker or a double wall, cabinet cooker, but us wsm users have to play the conditions.

As Kevin said it just does not matter. I get this question all the time. As the nice T Shirt Harry Soo sent me says "It's done when it's done." People desperately want to make BBQ a cupcake recipe it's not. Done is temp and tenderness. I know comp cooking and striving for perfect just in time timing is not a good idea IMO. There is a tendancy to over think BBQ. Sadly thinking is free and meat is expensive. But intellectual horsepower is no substitute for experience. Just a pet theory of mine based on a little experience.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konrad Haskins:
There is a tendancy to over think BBQ. Sadly thinking is free and meat is expensive. But intellectual horsepower is no substitute for experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I want that on a T-shirt.

Back