Tools for the Job

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
@Bruce,
I believe I have seen this workbench used in some of your videos and pics. It seems to be a handy tool to use to clean lids on that will not scratch them in the cleaning process because of the wood top. Is this what you have found also. How do you use it and what is your opinion on it. If others use it feel free to chime in.

Screenshot_2024-08-05_100446.jpg

Last edited:
For example...

Those tables are very handy! Used one for a lot of years doing various automotive projects. I used to staple a piece of heavy cardboard to it and put a piece of masking tape over the staples. For what it's worth, the samsung TV boxes have the BEST working cardboard lol

Those tables are very handy! Used one for a lot of years doing various automotive projects. I used to staple a piece of heavy cardboard to it and put a piece of masking tape over the staples. For what it's worth, the samsung TV boxes have the BEST working cardboard lol
Yes, it seems to be. I have cleaned lids on deck boxes only to have them slide off and scratch. I even chipped my blue lid in my frustration. This the reason I was posting. I like the idea of the wood. I did try placing a towel under the lid, but it only makes a mess. I thought there has to be an easier way.
Thanks, Cody, for your input.

Extremely handy. I used that a ton and have been using it on every grill rehab since I started 6-7 years ago. In fact, I am now using two of them. The second one is a different brand, but very similar. One thing I suggest is to replace the cheap wood on them with some good pressure treated deck boards. The originals will fall apart in no time if you water on them which I do a lot..
That being said, I also made a SS work table that I use a lot now as well. But I use the two work tables on virtually every rehab.

Here is a photo I took last week.

Grills.jpg

Picked one up used once on Marketplace for less than half the price.
Did you all mod it and countersink the bolts so everything rests flush on the boards. One board appears to have the countersink the other does not.

Workmate pic 1.jpgWorkmate pic 2.jpg

I was surprised someone would use it once and turn around a sell it so cheap. Maybe they got frustrated because they had assembled it incorrectly.
I was going to say after looking at the first picture that it was put together wrong, but you figured it out.

I was going to say after looking at the first picture that it was put together wrong, but you figured it out.
Your right Steve, I did in the end. I can see why you want the mounting bolts towards the inside to give you more grip force when you clamp something. I noticed the same thing after I posted the pic. I could correct again in the end. But all I need it for is worktable at the moment

Good deal. Definitely want it counter sunk. That looks like decent wood as well. However, I have found that it will get infused with chunks of metal as you work on it. I scratched a lot of lids before I figured that out. That is why in the photo you see an old t-shirt covering each of mine.

Extremely handy. I used that a ton and have been using it on every grill rehab since I started 6-7 years ago. In fact, I am now using two of them. The second one is a different brand, but very similar. One thing I suggest is to replace the cheap wood on them with some good pressure treated deck boards. The originals will fall apart in no time if you water on them which I do a lot..
That being said, I also made a SS work table that I use a lot now as well. But I use the two work tables on virtually every rehab.

Here is a photo I took last week.

View attachment 97448

What is the 3-leg device next to the 2 buckets? Is that a JawHorse?

What is the 3-leg device next to the 2 buckets? Is that a JawHorse?
Probably so.

Just a note those "How to links are Bruce's post on the forum". Not mine.
You can find them along with other helpful How to and parts information on the 1st post by Chris Allingham on this Gas Grills and Griddles forum. It is pinned at the top of the list.

Bruce,
What Simple Green to water ratio do you use on cleaning your lids?
I use it straight as much of time I am using water to rinse and it winds up getting diluted anyway.
@Bruce,
What is SS Table used for?
Mostly for cleaning parts. I power wash and scrub grill parts on it. The table has a wire fence kinda thing on it that helps keep stuff from falling off, especially when I am power washing. The SS resists the bleach, grill cleaner and other cleaners I use as well.

Back