Took one for the team...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well my “Pimp Your Grill” magic potion arrived yesterday. I took time to put it to the test on my extremely faded Weber Flat Top sliding panels. I followed the directions cleaning the part first with Simple Green and then applying a thick coat that you leave on for 30 minutes before wiping off.

Before application: For reference, the darker panel at the top (which was similarly faded) was treated with Pam months ago. I am amazed it has done as well as it has.

IMG_6266.jpeg

After applying to 1/2 and to 1/2 of the control panel on the right. When I put this stuff on, there was no immediate reaction, but when I came back a half hour later it looked like this:
IMG_6268.jpeg

As a comparative test, I applied Pam to the other half:
IMG_6272.jpeg

The fade disappears quickly with the Pam, but the PMG stuff did a slightly better job. The real test will be to check on this over the coming months to see how long each lasts.

This was a horribly faded specimen with scratches and leftover decal marks. Other than having the porcelain redone this was probably as good as you could hope for.

My next test will be on a much better shape old kettle. At $28 delivered for the PMG product, the jury is still out from my perspective. I will post about the kettle results when I get back home in a couple weeks.

Well my “Pimp Your Grill” magic potion arrived yesterday. I took time to put it to the test on my extremely faded Weber Flat Top sliding panels. I followed the directions cleaning the part first with Simple Green and then applying a thick coat that you leave on for 30 minutes before wiping off.

Before application: For reference, the darker panel at the top (which was similarly faded) was treated with Pam months ago. I am amazed it has done as well as it has.

View attachment 101790

After applying to 1/2 and to 1/2 of the control panel on the right. When I put this stuff on, there was no immediate reaction, but when I came back a half hour later it looked like this:
View attachment 101791

As a comparative test, I applied Pam to the other half:
View attachment 101792

The fade disappears quickly with the Pam, but the PMG stuff did a slightly better job. The real test will be to check on this over the coming months to see how long each lasts.

This was a horribly faded specimen with scratches and leftover decal marks. Other than having the porcelain redone this was probably as good as you could hope for.

My next test will be on a much better shape old kettle. At $28 delivered for the PMG product, the jury is still out from my perspective. I will post about the kettle results when I get back home in a couple weeks.
Very cool Jon!
Looking forward to your results

Thanks Jon! I will be interested in your thoughts on the stuff after a month.
Granted we are not in the peak fade season right now but, cold has its own effects.
Has the mail come?

Back