Tonight we eat Italian

That rocks, Brett. Love the white chovies!!
I found them at Molinari Deli last week in SF. So I bought 1/4 pound. We used to but them in Napa at Dean & Deluca but they've since gone out of business. I need a new local source for them. I'll get on it.

Heirloom tomatoes are coming up beautifully here (Sacramento CA region). We'll feast on these a few times until they're unavailable. One of summer's treats up here.

And if you like sparkling white, that Italian bottle was so refreshing. It's white wine with a splash of lemon in it. Fizzy and easy drinking. Costco by us had it. I'll be back to get a 1/2 case today or tomorrow. Inexpensive and fun!

I will pass on the anchovies, I broke into these Italian favorites of mine over the last weekend, the Volpi brand is very good.

View attachment 98475
I think I've had Volpi in the past. Our fave and goto is https://boarshead.com/products/detail/596-uncured-sopressata-grande-hot

We had some Costco pre-sliced assorted salamis last night. I tend to buy and keep a few on hand for when people randomly show up, we have food to serve that's easy and quick.

You have a deli slicer at home to get thin cuts on those salamis?

I think I've had Volpi in the past. Our fave and goto is https://boarshead.com/products/detail/596-uncured-sopressata-grande-hot

We had some Costco pre-sliced assorted salamis last night. I tend to buy and keep a few on hand for when people randomly show up, we have food to serve that's easy and quick.

You have a deli slicer at home to get thin cuts on those salamis?
Yes, I have had a slicer for quite some time, it does a really good job on these salami's. I also like to cut thin slices of baguettes & cheeses to go along with these deli treats.

Yes, I have had a slicer for quite some time, it does a really good job on these salami's. I also like to cut thin slices of baguettes & cheeses to go along with these deli treats.
if you're up to the task:

i have the supplies. i just need time and to get the correct milk. there's nothing like fresh, warm homemade mozz.

we first experienced this place over 20+ years ago:

the best fresh mozz served over wood fired and toasted sliced baguette and served with heirloom tomatoes and chiffonade basil.

Back