Today's Haul

Picked up a few things today that I have been looking for awhile. I found a DD Plum SSP in great shape. No major blemishes on the lid and cart is in excellent shape. I have the three side hooks which I removed for loading and the logo is also there. I have been looking for a plum for over a year and they never (rarely) seem to be listed. I got this one for $125 through a reference from a guy that I bought a NIB 1956 Big Boy Brazier and Rotisserie and picked up today also. The Big Boy was $40 and here in the Bay Area used ones have been listed for $350. Just a fun piece of grilling history. Not sure what I will do with it yet.

Fifteen minutes away from the plum SSP, I found two bronze weber tiki torches. Another thing that I have been looking for and while these have been used they still look like new. Brought inside every winter and well maintained. They even had extra wicks which they included. I tried to haggle a wee bit but ended up paying the full $75 price.

Last weekend I also found a wooden handle Go Anywhere gas grill that has never been used. Paperwork is still sitting inside the grill and picked this up for $25.

The only thing I passed on as it would have put the wife over the edge would have been if I had grabbed the hardly used ranch kettle ten miles from me for $400. I know that was a true miss but also not having to sleep in the garage has a high value to me.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

IMG_0596.jpg

I understand the “How comfortable is the garage” dilemma! One day I will find one helluva deal on one and just do it.

Great scores Bill! I can’t decide which of your scores is the best. They are all no-brainers in my book.

All - I have a 22” plum lid, bowl (with attached gas tube) for a performer that I would sell or trade. PM me if interested.

Really nice. Want pics of your other scores as well.
I will be able to post pics of the others tomorrow. It was a great score but would have loved to have added the ranch to the mix. There will be another one. Actually, the neighbor five doors down has one so keeping my on that one. I can just wheel it home.

Yeah but, you would have a plum SSP and a Ranch to sleep next to. Worth it. Nice score on the plum, I’m on the hunt for one as well

Do you have a refrigerator in the garage? Sounds like the beginning of a man cave.

There is a beer fridge filled with beers from all around the country. I have a few friends in different parts and we ship beers to each other. So fridge is full and the selection is great.

I was able to grab a couple of pics of more of my past weekends finds. Here are the two Weber tiki torches and the WGA gas grill with wood handles. It has never been cooked on and is spotless. I am not sure what year(s) this might be from.

First cook on the plum SSP was on Saturday with a beautiful piece of Coho Salmon and grilled romaine lettuce. Forgot to take a pic of that.

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 7
I was able to grab a couple of pics of more of my past weekends finds. Here are the two Weber tiki torches and the WGA gas grill with wood handles. It has never been cooked on and is spotless. I am not sure what year(s) this might be from.

First cook on the plum SSP was on Saturday with a beautiful piece of Coho Salmon and grilled romaine lettuce. Forgot to take a pic of that.
Really sweet. I have never heard of grilling lettuce.

Back