Today, Feb 9 2023 is national pizza day

I like to make extensive notes so I use the Pizza Dough Calculator android app. We've been making 2 (or 3 pies), varying the recipe and then doing a blind taste test (well, not exactly blind for me, but I have a short memory so that helps ;)). It's fun and the app lends itself to copying/renaming recipes.

Last edited:
Is that a 5 lb bag? how much $$$ ?

I have not seen KA 00 at my costco.
5lb bag- I think it was $7.99- my wife has the receipt and she is out tonight.

I have never seen it before but it was a no brainer since we like King Arthur flour.

Edit: yes, $7.99 for a 5lb. bag

Last edited:
Our Costco has KA but not 00. Though we buy a locally milled in WI organic flour at Costco. I am sure it's a regional availability and it's an AP flour

and, I didn't know this until 15 minutes ago.

I think I'll try a quick rising dough and see if we can knock out a couple of pies for dinner.
Missed it again!

Going to make some dough tomorrow morning though.

National “day after National pizza day” pizza day pizza…lol

I missed this too. I might go for another quick rise cook tonight.

Or I could push the EASY/Lazy button and order Papa Murphys.

I missed this too. I might go for another quick rise cook tonight.

Or I could push the EASY/Lazy button and order Papa Murphys.
My wife had a similar idea but I put the kibosh on that.

It’s the end of another busy week and we are both exhausted, and I recommended putting national pizza day off until tomorrow- and doing it right. White pie with broccoli and probably a Hawaiian version. Oh yeah, red pie with anchovies for me.

And some cold beer.

and, I didn't know this until 15 minutes ago.

I think I'll try a quick rising dough and see if we can knock out a couple of pies for dinner.
I've got a pie in the freezer. Does that count?

Just finished pounding some pork loin chops thin and ready to bread them so too late to change the menu.

Back