Time to break in the new grill

J Kloeker

TVWBB Fan
Bought a Performer off Craigslist last weekend so I thought I'd try it out last night.

Stopped by Kroger and got a few basics.
IMG_20120621_180704.jpg

Put the steak and the potato slices on and started a reverse sear setup. Waited until I was about 10 degrees below desired temp.
IMG_20120621_195308.jpg

After that I cranked the grill up to around 400 and put the onions and mushrooms in a CIS and threw the potatoes in as well, also put the corn on.
IMG_20120621_194631.jpg

Waited til it looked done
IMG_20120621_200818.jpg

Pulled it hoping the steak wasnt over done.......... Jackpot!
IMG_20120621_201944.jpg

Very happy with the Performer!!! The gas assist and table are extremely useful!

Excellent meal and photos! I just bought mine a couple weeks ago off of Craigslist and am also extremely happy with it, especially with my CI grates.

For a long time, I really wondered if the performer was worth the money. After using one for six months, I have to say that it would be really difficult to go back to a regular kettle grill. The table space, gas ignition, and handy charcoal storage are pretty sweet! The pics look great and I look forward to seeing many more good meals to come!

Originally posted by Boss Banks:
For a long time, I really wondered if the performer was worth the money. After using one for six months, I have to say that it would be really difficult to go back to a regular kettle grill. The table space, gas ignition, and handy charcoal storage are pretty sweet! The pics look great and I look forward to seeing many more good meals to come!

For me another plus it the height.

Good God man, have you no shame?! Here I am, 10pm at night and I could have eaten that meal in seconds! The only thing missing was garlic bread but I will forgive you this one time, just this time.
icon_wink.gif

for me the greatest thing about the performer is the charcoal storage. Hell ive been out of propane for the gas so i keep a lighter with the charcoal, tear off a piece of the charcoal bag which goes under the chimney and walah. Nice looking cook on your new performer!!

Originally posted by Boss Banks:

I have had mine about 6 months now and feel the same way you do.Now if I grill or smoke it's on the performer.

Nice breakin cook....I know you are going to love your performer mr. J.

Originally posted by JimH:
Good God man, have you no shame?! Here I am, 10pm at night and I could have eaten that meal in seconds! The only thing missing was garlic bread but I will forgive you this one time, just this time.
icon_wink.gif

WORD!

Back