Time for wings

Me, i'd prob go around 30mins and see how things are looking, flipping somewhere along the way. I like my baked wings more on the well done side of things.

What's an "oven"?
icon_smile.gif

Probably 30-45 minutes. But check and turn, as Stefan suggests. Why not cook 'em at 350 in your WSM or grill?
icon_wink.gif

I'd start them at 425', turn after 10 minutes, and drop the temp to 350' after 5 more minutes. I like the skin crispy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Muller:
oven </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh **** no.

I admit that sometimes when I get in from a day of hunting or fishing and want some wings I usually fry them and then sauce them. Whenever I have used that which we don't speak of they have turned out rubbery. Also, when you fry them you can start from frozen for a quick meal.

When I do wings in the oven I cook them on convection at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.Then sauce em and through them back in for another 5-10 so they aren't to gooey.
If I have time I air dry them in the fridge first. Then I toss them with my rub and some cayenne or chipolte and some oil to coat them. The oil gives them a nice crispy skin.

I have never fried from frozen, so no issues? How long? I usually do from a thawed state at 350 for 12 minutes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James Trapp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greg Muller:
oven </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh **** no.

I admit that sometimes when I get in from a day of hunting or fishing and want some wings I usually fry them and then sauce them. Whenever I have used that which we don't speak of they have turned out rubbery. Also, when you fry them you can start from frozen for a quick meal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stefan B:
Me, i'd prob go around 30mins and see how things are looking, flipping somewhere along the way. I like my baked wings more on the well done side of things. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I usually go 45 at 375. I like mine well done also. I sauce at about 30 minutes though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Drewery:
I have never fried from frozen, so no issues? How long? I usually do from a thawed state at 350 for 12 minutes
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do not time them. I cook them in 350-375 canola oil until they float and let them cook for another 5 minutes or so. Just make sure that you do not have to much oil as they spatter a lot. Also do not overload them as the oil will cool down too much.

I prefer grilled wings but frying is the way to go for a quick meal.

Back