Thursday night rib cook

Ed Cardoza

TVWBB Pro
We had some pretty good ribs last night for our guest from Seattle who was born and raised in Chile and never had any ribs before. See the pics.pics

You will need to scroll down a little bit when you get to the page.

looking very tasty ed - i am sure your guests enjoyed - if we only had scratch and stiff pictures
icon_biggrin.gif

Looks great Ed.

Just curious, what do your guests think when you whip out a camera and start taking staged shots of your food? Mine always have a puzzled look on their face.

Ed, you're cooking this weekend!! Those look nice very nice.

Ryan, regarding the pictures, trust me, Ed taking pictures of food is the least of his guests worries; remember this is the guy who broke his diving board doing a drunken triple lindy, LOL!! Man that was a great Q. Just kidding of course Ed's a great guy. When people see me doing it they know I'm a little off center anyway so they cut me some slack.

Man those babys really pulled back, perfect handle
icon_smile.gif
I remember the story about the diving board, very funny, keep those pics commin Ed!

Brandon

So funny as I did the exact same thing. My daughter and my son had some friends over and we were all swimming on a hot day. Well I had knocked back a few cold ones and so I decided that it was my turn to do a canon ball off the diving board. I went to jump and the darn thing broke and I slid into the pool. I think the kids and my wife laughed for a good hour.

Sorry gang for taking so long to acknowledge your comments, but I just got back from Bakersfield.
We definitely enjoyed the ribs, and our guest was amazed at the WSM powered by the DIGIQ II. He managed to finish off the ribs with no problem. i had sliced some gala apples and topped them with cinnamon as per Larry R's recommendation, and added some pineapple juice to the packets and cooked an additional two hours after cooking for 4 1/2 hours unfoiled. We firmed them up on the gasser and finally got to eat around 8:15 last night but it was worth the wait.
Ryan you bring up a good point, most of the time people don't pay too much attention, but hell our guest grabbed his camera, and he's got one of them 1500.00 units, I guess that's why he is in our marketing department, he has pretty much the best equipment, just wish I had posted his pics instead of mine.
Larry, don't worry, it doesn't bother me at all, I will see you tomorrow.
Toby, I still think you and Larry and I need to hook up and do a weekend "Q" and drink a few beers together. We'll get something figured out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed Cardoza:

Toby, I still think you and Larry and I need to hook up and do a weekend "Q" and drink a few beers together. We'll get something figured out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anything that involves BBQ & Beer and you can count me in. How far is Larry away from you? I wish I new you guys earlier as just last year we were on our way back from camping in Oregon and we passed right through your hood. Does either one of you have a place to park a 31' motor home in front of your homes or driveway? Perhaps I could load up the WSM and head your way sometime. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got room out front and Larry and I only live 9 miles apart. There will always be room for anyone that wants to "Q" and empty some beer cans or bottles. Gotta warn ya though, Larry and I are cheap drunks. We both got hooked on the new MGD Light 64. Very light and goes down much too smoothly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ed Cardoza:
I got room out front and Larry and I only live 9 miles apart. There will always be room for anyone that wants to "Q" and empty some beer cans or bottles. Gotta warn ya though, Larry and I are cheap drunks. We both got hooked on the new MGD Light 64. Very light and goes down much too smoothly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed any kind of beer is good with me my brother! When we head out to the desert during the winter to ride dirt bikes all I drink is light beer. I can drink it and not worry about getting hammered and still be safe and most of all, a responsible father. I need to look at my schedule and make this happen...it would be a gas!!!

that sounds great Toby. We would just like it if you came out and let us feed you and your family, and have a good time. That's what it's all about anyway.

Hell, I'd be happy to bring the beer! I'd love to meet up with other locals. I'm all over this great state of ours, with family in Los Angeles area, all the way up to Chico in northern CA.

We should set something up. It would be great to meet all you guys. I do work a lot of weekends, but if it worked out for the rest, it would be a blast indeed.

Yeah, I got an appetite problem
icon_smile.gif
I'm hauling around over 3 bills on a 6'3" frame. But hey, I could do security for the get together!

I'm going to make this happen and I'm going to bring my WSM, I just need to figure out when. Tom I'll check my schedule and hopefully things will work out. It's tough as every weekend in Sept, Oct and Nov are booked with family stuff then Christmas hits. I may be able to squeeze in the last weekend of September but I'll keep you all posted.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Chips:
Yeah, I got an appetite problem
icon_smile.gif
I'm hauling around over 3 bills on a 6'3" frame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I resemble that remark. I go 6'3 1/4" and 3 bills.
icon_biggrin.gif
Used to be 6'5" but due to a vitamin D deff, my bones got soft and I shrunk some. That was quite a painfull ordeal.
icon_frown.gif

Back