Throwdown #35: Salad featuring Grilled Meat

Thanks! I'd like to see a few more pictures of how yours was assembled - once it's put together or tossed they're not so pretty. Yours looks great but don't really see the steak!

One of my favorites is a gyro salad..... feta, gyro meat, hard boiled egg, texas toast...............

Sorry Clint, I just layered the salad and should have taken a pic showing the steak before the eggs went on.

This was a spur of the moment cook. There are so many killer salads on this throwdown. Tremendous job by all. My offering will be a "Surf" entry. Balsamic Shrimp Salad. Here are a few pictures.

Marinated 1/2 lb. shrimp for two hours in Balsamic Vinegar, Honey, grated garlic, and olive oil.

The dressing for this salad is a reduction of 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar and 1 tsp. honey.

Toasted some sliced almonds for topping.

The shrimp.

We're having this salad for dinner tonight. We're not eating for a couple more hours so I'll just show the Balsamic Reduction on the side. Don't want to put it on until just before eating. Ideally, I'd do that and make this post tomorrow, but the deadline is later on this evening. Salad consists of spring mix, Feta Cheese, strawberries, and toasted almonds.

There you go. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

Back