Thoughts on Summit Gold

Horace P

TVWBB Member
This is posted locally, I have never worked on one of these. Anyone with any experience or advice? I am considering buying this. But first turn to the experts.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is posted locally, I have never worked on one of these. Anyone with any experience or advice? I am considering buying this. But first turn to the experts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201215-015133_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201215-015133_Facebook.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20201215-015123_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201215-015123_Facebook.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 25
Never used it. But as others have/will mention. This is a rust bucket waiting to happen. Of course if it’s in pristine condition, get it. But the main part that is subject to rust is the plate that is under the control panel where the tubes go through.

Yeah those things can be true rabbit holes. Here too as in my 1st gen Summit Weber no longer offers support for them. As in all Summits the main issue is the fire box rusting out. I know some folks like that they look "impressive" but long haul they're pretty poor products. The one in your photos does not even appear to have stainless rod grates only the cheap stamped ones as well. Which tend to break welds. Bottom line they're best to be avoided

Back