Thought I would post this for you coal burners

That is a sweet deal. The Venom is $200 by itself. If it were by me I would jump on that and compare it against my MB Gravity.

I know nothing about it, but I usually see all those add ons for the WSM and not so much on a kettle.

Hey, guys, I have another one for you. From what I understand this is truly a prototype Performer.

That is quite nice. He did do a great job with forming a circle for the kettle. The guy has some talent.
1693056011800.png1693056036932.png

That is quite nice. He did do a great job with forming a circle for the kettle. The guy has some talent.
View attachment 77820View attachment 77821
Actually, it seems that is a REAL Weber. Maybe made for just two years. We have the 1986 catalog listing a very similar body but with a gas kettle.

Early Performer metal top.jpeg

We don't have the next year 1987 catalog, so this is just guess work. I am thinking they dropped the gas kettle and for 1987 substituted a charcoal kettle as he listed for sale here. (It has been sold to some lucky buyer.) Anyway, after that this model disappears as the 1988 catalog has only several wood carts for kettle grills and no gas kettles.

Actually, it seems that is a REAL Weber. Maybe made for just two years. We have the 1986 catalog listing a very similar body but with a gas kettle.

View attachment 78138

We don't have the next year 1987 catalog, so this is just guess work. I am thinking they dropped the gas kettle and for 1987 substituted a charcoal kettle as he listed for sale here. (It has been sold to some lucky buyer.) Anyway, after that this model disappears as the 1988 catalog has only several wood carts for kettle grills and no gas kettles.
Thanks for posting that.

Now that is a rare unicorn. First time for me also.
My neighbor had one of the gas kettles but just the basic one.

Back