Those Buns Though!

CLasko

TVWBB Pro
Hey everybody! This past weekend I experimented with making my own hamburger buns. Found a relatively easy recipe and they turned out amazing!

Here is a link to the video I found for the buns:

Now to the fun stuff. Just some simple burgers using the buns and some quality ground beef.

The buns cooling after baking.

Burgers with some seasoning getting seared on the Blackstone.

Buns getting toasted.

Ready to eat!

Thanks for looking and if you haven't made your own buns, give these a whirl. They're excellent and will definitely be a staple for burgers in our house.

Chris, those look perfect! I've made buns a few times before, but was never quite satisfied with them. This looks more than good enough to give it another try. Really nice job on those (oh, and the burgers look delish!)

R

Nice looking buns! I have used that recipe and several others. Last time around I made ciabatta rolls to use for buns. They turned out great, but were a bit big for the patties I was cooking!

Nice looking buns! I have used that recipe and several others. Last time around I made ciabatta rolls to use for buns. They turned out great, but were a bit big for the patties I was cooking!

It's funny you should mention that. In his video, he said to make them around 95-105g for 6 of them. There was quite a bit more than that for each, so mine were about 115g each. They were big! I ended up making 2/3lb burgers to accomodate. Hahaha. I think 90g would make a perfect size for reasonable sized burgers.

It's funny you should mention that. In his video, he said to make them around 95-105g for 6 of them. There was quite a bit more than that for each, so mine were about 115g each. They were big! I ended up making 2/3lb burgers to accomodate. Hahaha. I think 90g would make a perfect size for reasonable sized burgers.
Just to give you an idea I had 1/2 pound burgers and I think that 3/4 pound might have been needed to cover the ciabatta! o_O

I know when I made the recipe you used I made 8 buns because I needed 8 burgers. Can't remember how big the burger patties were. I usually go fro 1/2 pound, but those may have been 1/3 pound or somewher in between.

So my 14 year old daughter is looking over my shoulder, she is a photographer, artist, and creative genius. She just said not only does that food look amazing, but the photos are professional quality as well. Way to knock it out of the part from start to finish!!!

Back