This Weekends Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't get to make a peach pie but did cook the brisket, sausage and make that raspberry chipotle bbq sauce. Mmmmmmmmm. Oh, and a beer butt chicken with the left-over coals.

A few pics of the brisket

Made brunswick stew or burgoo or some variation of that catch-all dish with the more well-done point pieces and sausage and chicken for tomorrow's meal. Great way to use any bbq leftovers.

Richard

Well i did the Pork & Kraut in the WSM today over Royal Oak Lump and let me tell you i will never cook it any other way from now on. It was fantastic the best i ever ate. My wife and kids went on and on about how good it was. You must try it some time. I no what i'm cooking on the WSM on New Years Day.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> i did the Pork & Kraut in the WSM today <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> come on Bryan, don't hold out on us now buddy. Pls post recipe!! Pics??

Thought I should report after starting the topic.

Bought a Brisket "flat" at costco. Meat guys were already cleaning up when I got there. Having two nephews that were meat cutters, I know when not to ask for something special so I bought out of the case.

Britu rub the night before. (had made it for ribs the other weekend, had it, used it)
Sand in Pan
Kingsford
Minion Method
Windy (neighbors fence usually blocks it, not today
icon_mad.gif
)

Had to babysit a little more than usual. Not bad though... not like the years with the ECB!
Cooked and watched TV (drank beer). Got to watch my tape of BBQ-U eppisode of Bobby Flay. Why did Steve seem more irritating to me than the few times I've seen his show?
icon_confused.gif

Basted flat with beer (guinness), orange juice (ran out of apple), apple cider vinegar, and coffee. Not bad.

Cook turned out well. Rub was just a little salty. I didn't notice it on the BRITU ribs, but think that was because of the sauce.

Served up Sliced brisket with "Hoppen John" and collard greens. Mmmmmmmm mmmmm, Good Eats.

Friend stopped by to watch TV (drink beer), said the brisket was excelent. Not too salty at all.

Brisket sandwiches for lunch at work today.

Shawn, Here's what i did. Coated a 7 lb butt with sea salt and pepper. Put in a foil pan on the WSM over Royal Oak Lump. Did not use the water pan . Cooked at 325 for the first hour. Then turned it down to 275 for the next 4 hrs. At the 5 hr mark i took out the pan with the butt in it drained off the grease and put (2) 32oz bags of sauerkraut in and 2 cups of water. Covered tight with foil and cooked another 3 hrs. The Lump put a nice flavor on the pork. Will never cook it in the oven again. So easy yet so good.
icon_biggrin.gif
Bryan

Bryan, what was the temp of the butt? Sounds like you didn't take it up to the normal 195-200+ range. Whats the dillio!??!

Greg, I made the P&K just like i do when i make it in the oven. I just go by sight. Did not want a smoked butt and kraut was going for the traditional Pork and Kraut thingy with a Lump Twist.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back