This Weekends Cook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Finney

TVWBB All-Star
This weekends cook for me will be whatever looks good to me a Costco tonight.
Have to go buy coffee for work.
Going to cruise the wine, beer, and meat counter. Whatever looks good to me at the time is what's going in my little bullet. Got to remember to buy charcoal.

What are you guys (this means you girls too) planning on this weekend?

Charcoal, remember charcoal... charcoal

I am not sure about this weekend, but for tonights football game I made pulled pork "done" and rib tips are smoking on the WSM right this minute. I bought the rib tips at wally world on sale.

Visiting friends in Georgia--no smoker there but they have a gasser at least. I'm doing grilled shrimp w/pineapple salsa on Fri, rubbed rib-eyes w/a grilled avocado/chipotle thing on Sat, and grilled rubbed chicken thighs w/saffron rice ang grilled asparagus on Sun. Biscuits and gravy on one morning or another. Lots of adult bevs throughout. it'll be good but I'll miss smokin'.

My daughters coming home from school for the weekend. She asked for ribs so that will be on for Sat. Sunday I'm going to do Salmon.

Safeway has pork butts (shoulder blade roast) for 99 cents/lb. Can't pass that deal up. So it's gonna be pork butts and ABTs. Love them little things.

Welll i just bough a 5 pound second but of brisket...for fri night .. and i bought a rack of monster ribs for sun night when my girls get back from la.. id figure id cook them something nice...tahts all for me...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve (Merc) McMurtry: ...I would bring the blender!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should mention that. My friend in Ga called me. She has blueberries and she wants frozen blueberry martinis so...jump a plane and come on down!

Chris,

Bought 3 boneless 6lb butts today before I left to come to work. YES I prefer without da bone. Lets me get the rub to where the bone was at.
Wife is gonna inject them with some of the rub mixed in with beer. And then putting worsh sauce on it and then rubbing them with Howton Farms All Purpose Rub....adding a bit of HOT Hungarian paprika to it. I like mine a bit spicier than most. Going to put two of them on later tonight and smoke them for lunch tomorrow and use the leftovers vac sealed for meals later next week. Going to use last butt for another cook...gonna put it on late Sat night to have it ready for pulled wiches on Sunday...say 100pm on sunday...got some buds coming over to watch football. Kind of a last HOOHA before I head back to the desert again in a few weeks. I profide the porks...they bring the beers
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
. Gonna use some HOWTON FARMS "Barn's A'Burnin Sauce on with the pork on Kaiser rolls. Gonna serve it with BBQ Beans and homemade new red potato salad....kind of a kicked up version. Also doing some deviled eggs...cuz I love deviled eggs...especilly with HOT Hungarian paprika over the top
icon_smile.gif

Will put on a 10 lb (trimmed weight) packer brisket Friday night. Pinto beans and coleslaw. Gonna make raspberry chipotle bbq sauce and also Paul Kirk's brisket bbq sauce. That oughta do it.
icon_smile.gif
Well, peach cobbler sounds kinda tempting! Probably that too.

Richard

Got myself 2 6 pound brisket flats. was going to put them on around midnight.

Number One was gonna be rubbed with a chili wet rub.

Number Two was gonna get salt, pepper and... once it hit 160 foiled and braised in a Guiness/worcestshire braising sauce until it hit about 195.

But.... It's raining like a sun of a gun so.....

Number 1 is now in a pot becoming chili.

Number 2 may still get done tomorrow night.

Dang Rob...been typing here all night wondering what you were up too. Sorry to hear about tonights cook. DUDE that Guiness/worshy sauce sounds awesome. Might have to do that next week myself.

Let us in on how you are doing the chili? That sounds like a great alternative this time of the year...well for NY weather this time of the year. Went swimming this morning myself
icon_smile.gif
LOL. Love Florida...HATE Hurricanes. LOL

Wife's hungry for pork and kraut. Going to do it on the WSM sun with no smoke. S & P place in a foil pan and cook till reaches 180. Never tried it this way before we always do it in the oven. Hope it turns out ok.
icon_eek.gif
Bryan

I'm doing two 7 lb butts from Sam's overnight tonight & will be adding two cabbages (using Keri's recipe) later on Sunday.

We are starting off with the turkey fryer to make 6 pounds of chicken wings, and then a batch of blue cheese squares from the oven. A game of hearts, then the butts with some slaw and a choice of a couple homemade BBQ sauces. A few choice beverages thrown in here and there, and then we are finishing it off with caramel/pecan cheesecake!

Todd, Blue cheese Squares? Tell me more! We are blue cheese eating fools around here and those BC squares sound inviting.
DP

These are too easy, and if you like Blue Cheese, they have always been a crowd pleaser.
1 tube of Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
1/2 stick of butter
4oz. crumbled blue cheese.

Melt blue cheese and butter. Cut each biscuit into ¼’s and coat in the butter/cheese mix. Pace in a square cooking dish and pour remaining sauce over all of them. Bake according to the directions on the biscuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back