This was a shocker

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Barb was at Safeway and they had pork ribs marked down. She picked up a rack of Pork loin Extra meaty Back Ribs.
I Figured after looking at the package when it said 6.02Lbs I would have to trim it out. Well when I opened up it was already trimmed out St Louis style.
I've never cooked a single rack of ribs that big. I really don't want to make an all day project out of it in anticipated temperature of 107 degrees today.
Any hints or guidance to get theses done right using a hot and fast method or am I stuck with a 321 cook.
Cook will be on the Camp Chef pellet grill.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Here's a recipe I use on my pellet pooper. You can ignore the additions when foiling or go with your own. Ribs turn out just as if they were cooked for 5 or 6 hours.

Attachments

Blast them with smoke for an hour and then wrap them and cook at a higher temp. The wrap accelerates the cook. After an hour wrapped, check the ribs for temp. If at 190° sauce em and expose them to tack up the sauce.

I’ve cooked ribs in 3-3.5 hours. I think you can do this in 2.5-3 hours with a full wrapped cooking session.

Back