This takes a fattie to a new level

Jeff T Miller

TVWBB All-Star
Bacon Explosion

A guy at work told me about this earlier in the week. It went around his wifes work. He had a copy off of some blog. I looked up the original site.

I haven't tried it yet. I have the stuff in the fridge will be trying it later.

I didn't think to check the recipe forum.

Thanks for the info though. Too bad I didn't see this a bit earlier I already put on the Q sauce. I didn't use italian sausage so it may not be bad. I did just go out and crank the heat up to 300 after reading those threads.

Tony, I saw in another thread you are going to smoke some cabbage tomorrow. I am curious about the recipe for that. I like cabbage and it sounds like it is worth trying.

i'm not really going to be smoking it as it will be wrapped in foil. it will just be cooking in the WSM while my ribs are on tomorrow. i plan to do it the way keri C has it posted. i have done true smoked cabbage from raichlen's "how to grill" book and it was just OK. i think the smoke was just too much.

cabbage thread

Well Bob I ran at 300 and it still took 2.5 hours. The bacon looked awesome and was cooked. I did forget to glaze it with sauce at the end but I was gunshy anyhow from the threads linked above. I did turn it about half way about 1.5 hours in. I didn't do a good job of rolling it up as it split open.

It is very tasty. I needed some biscuits or something to make a sandwich. It is no meatloaf but very tasty. I am glad I didn't use italian sausage. I didn't really think about the Q sauce on Italian sausage till I read it in the threads.

I will make it again.

Back