This is how Ed C. and I do it.

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
PICTURES

What a killer Q day. Ed and I are doing a couple of Turkey breasts, some ABT's (Anaheim chilies) a killer fatty and all the fixin's.

Wish you guys were here!

Great pics guys! Looks like a great time and even better food.....did the boy survive diving head first with a mask on?
icon_eek.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Balzotti:
Food looks great pool looks refreshing....but When all you have left is Miller Lite you are all out of beer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pffftttt....while the food looks great I gotta draw the line at having anything resembling ML anywhere near my house let alone in my cooler.
icon_biggrin.gif

OK, here we go, Miller Lite four time World Beer Cup Gold Award Winner, 96, 98, 02, 06. It's hotter than hell here, you think I'm going to drink a heavy Hef or Ale, no thanks
icon_wink.gif
Bryan S. where are you to defend my choice of cheap beer?

Everythings going down good and pictures are updated. Fatty was killer!!! Just waiting for the ABTs. I'm mixing Margaritas for the ladies and they're enjoying them.

Regarding my son, nah, he's cool with the face mask on the dives. Today was the first dive off the board, he just got out of Kindergarten, he's doing pretty good for his age, diving to the bottom of Ed's pool 10' to pick stuff up. Wish I had that tan.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
OK, here we go, Miller Lite four time World Beer Cup Gold Award Winner, 96, 98, 02, 06. It's hotter than hell here, you think I'm going to drink a heavy Hef or Ale, no thanks
icon_wink.gif
Bryan S. where are you to defend my choice of cheap beer?

Everythings going down good and pictures are updated. Fatty was killer!!! Just waiting for the ABTs. I'm mixing Margaritas for the ladies and they're enjoying them.

Regarding my son, nah, he's cook with the face mask on the dives. Today was the first dive off the board, he just got out of Kindergarten, not he's doing pretty good for his age, diving to the bottom of Ed's pool 10' to pick stuff up. Wish I had that tan. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LarryR,
Great looking food and home.

Regarding cheap beer, I'll come to your defense because I regularly drink Bud Dry. Hard to find anymore but it's still CHEAP!

Nice pics Larry, the food looks great. My favorite pic is the cooler full of Miller Lite. Nice choice in the brew department.
icon_wink.gif

Yea...knowing those two, that cooler was just the one for posting! About half full and looks good for the viewing community...the real 120 QT cooler isn't pictured...right?
icon_biggrin.gif

Larry and Ed,
Great pictures, looks like a great time. Made some spares today and enjoyed (and am still enjoying) some cold Bud Lights. Almost 11 PM and still 70 outside. Perfect night!
Steve

Pictures are updated. What a great day, good beer, great Q and good friends. The fatty was sooooo good, ABTs and Turkey too. Ed's wife made a couple of great salads, wish I could remember what they were but they were great! I only hope that all TVWBB members had a BBQ friend like the Cardoza's that they could get together with and Q, we really enjoyed our day/evening.

P.S. The Miller Lite went down so smooth!! Drank 22 bottles by myself and I'm still posting pictures and writing this post
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Ed broke a toe . . . don't ask how, LOL!

Yes, everything looked great until I saw some ML in the cooler.

The fact that you can drink 22 bottles of that and still post here is proof that that is NOT beer.
icon_biggrin.gif

Great pic's, great food, great friends and cooler full of Miller Lite, it doesn't get any better!!!

I'm with you Larry, for hot 'beer slammin' days, Miller Lite does it right! Save the good heavy beers for another time!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The fact that you can drink 22 bottles of that and still post here is proof that that is NOT beer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Touché

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Great pic's, great food, great friends and cooler full of Miller Lite, it doesn't get any better!!!

I'm with you Larry, for hot 'beer slammin' days, Miller Lite does it right! Save the good heavy beers for another time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, thats the misconception right there.
icon_smile.gif
Granted, this could be its own lengthy discussion but something like Sierra Nevada Summer Lager or Hoegaarden Belgian White are great choices for the hot weather.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Mills:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:

I'm with you Larry, for hot 'beer slammin' days, Miller Lite does it right! Save the good heavy beers for another time! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See, thats the misconception right there.
icon_smile.gif
Granted, this could be its own lengthy discussion but something like Sierra Nevada Summer Lager or Hoegaarden Belgian White are great choices for the hot weather. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BUT buying six packs of "good" beer gets expensive fast, especially when your going for the marathon drink, not the happy hour drink
icon_wink.gif

Anyways, looks like you guys had an awesome time, and I'm jealous. Wish I could come hang out with you guys! Btw, how do you feel today
icon_biggrin.gif

I thawed 3 turkey breasts (almost 20 lbs) last night and plan to smoke them for lunch meat today. Plan on using alder. Last time I did and it was fantastic. First I gotta get over this little hangover so I can prep the smoker, you know how that goes! Larry, Ed, let the good times roll!

Edit: I think it may take a little "hair of the dog" to get me through this one.....bloody mary sounds GREAT

Brandon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyways, looks like you guys had an awesome time, and I'm jealous. Wish I could come hang out with you guys! Btw, how do you feel today </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Surprisingly good. Had a glass of scotch before I went to bed, got to bed around 2:30 a.m. and got-up around 7:30 a.m. thinking I'd have a killer hangover but no.

Yea there's no doubt we have a good time when we get together. Ed used to live across the street from me so we got together more then than we do now, didn't have to worry about designated drivers etc., you just stumbled across the street. Had some great Q's back then.

Good luck on your turkey breasts and don't worry, we'll keep the good times rollin
icon_biggrin.gif

Well, I am alive, a little foggy, but all in all not doing too bad. I don't count the number of beers I drink because I think if I knew, it would scare the hell out of me. It had to be quite a few though for me to feel this sluggish. The food was great and so was the company. The diving board you see Larry's son diving off of is no longer there. I attempted an Olympic style dive off of it and the damn thing darn near hit me as I was entering the water. Scared the life out of my bride, as she thought it hit me, but it didn't. I broke my toe somehow in the process. It's a real dark blue and two times it's normal size, but heck that's what I get for showboating. My new slogan for the year is "DON'T DRINK AND DIVE"
If any of you California folks want to get together for a Saturday BBQ and swim, you are all more than welcome to come on by and have a blast, just be prepared to have a good time.

LMAO - too funny! Love it though and wish I could have been there! You two guys put the meaning "PAR-TEE" in party.

Don't drink and dive - again, just too damn funny!

Back