This guy's gotta be smoking something. And I'm not talking about pork butt...

Well, it DOES look like it's in pretty good shape. I don't know if it's $350 good, but even at $300 I wouldn't feel like I got screwed too badly. I might be clouded by how much I love my '99 Redhead SS Performer though.

Now this guy is the one I laughed at...

Well, it DOES look like it's in pretty good shape. I don't know if it's $350 good, but even at $300 I wouldn't feel like I got screwed too badly. I might be clouded by how much I love my '99 Redhead SS Performer though.

That is too funny. At least the bricks are included... lol

Check this one out:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/864568807/

5e819483ba4d46a086b122e90f6d2c29.jpg

It looks like there's porcelain chipping or rust through by the thermometer. There's a 1 inch chip in the rim of the lid by the kettle mounting screw. Now, look very carefully at the bowl near where the black frame is visible: there's a couple of square inches of porcelain chipped off. $350??? Every colored performer that has come for sale on offerup, cl, letgo and fbm in SoCal has been sold within hours. This one has been sitting there for weeks.

He (or she, I ain't judgin'....) can ask anything they want for the item. I'm also perfectly free to stand back and laugh my head off.

Yea, and he's even throwing in the cinder block " stand" LOL.
Tim

While I can appreciate everything he's done to mod/improve that (except the cinder blocks), he's most certainly smoking something.

It sure seems like there are a lot of old weber gas grills being sold for $200 plus this year compared to years past.

There is a guy in Atlanta area selling the same grill as this guy for $400. He has been listing it for about two years on and off the pictures never change are the same for past two years.

Chris, sometimes I wonder if adds like that are not automated or something. I have a guy near me selling a new set of Weber grilling tools for $25. It keeps getting tagged by my automated search on CL and about once a week it hits my inbox. It has been going on since last summer. If I had to deal with relisting a $25 item that much and holding onto the item for that long, I would just put it up for free or donate it to the local thrift store. I can't believe some guy is sitting there monitoring his email box every morning thinking: "Well, maybe this will be the day".

I guess you could try responding to the add saying you are interested in the grill and asking a question about it to see if you get a response.

I think it’s a front. A way to communicate freely through Craigslist email. I see the same thing in SoCal. I even responded to the ad. Response was it was sold. But ad keeps getting renewed.

Flag those adds. It might not eliminate the adds, but CL does do some house cleaning and it would probably at least make it harder on the people listing the stuff. The way to flag an add on CL is to click the "FLAG" button at the top of every add.
I know someone was jacking me around a couple years ago on one of my adds flagging it and it made my life difficult for a while.

Back