This Forum is ONLY Part of the Wealth of Information on this Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Lewis

TVWBB Super Fan
Some folks discover only this "Forums" section thru their internet searches and never realize that the "Forums" section is only one part of this website. At the top every page, there are tabs to the other parts of this site.

The "Cooking" tab will take you step by step thru cooking on the WSM for everything from ribs to octopus. You will learn about meat selection, meat preparation, brining to name but a few.

The "Tips & Mods" sections will teach you all about the various methods of firing up your WSM, why to chose one method over another, sand vs. water, how to measure temps, troubleshooting, the effects of wind, rain, and pestulence ( /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), as well as how to perform a multitude of modifications to your WSM if you desire.

I realize that most of us know about the other sections, but some of us do not. Please read the other sections! Chris has put a huge amount of time creating them and they will teach you virtually everything you need to learn in order to create great bbq on your WSM. After that, experience and learning from others on this site will help you perfect and refine your techniques. Without reading those other sections, I would still be rubbing two sticks together and my WSM would be rusting unused in the backyard.

Great points, Dave.

I'd love to see the "Cooking" section expanded with a section for just recipes: rubs, injections, sauces, etc..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lewjeff:
[qb] Great points, Dave.

I'd love to see the "Cooking" section expanded with a section for just recipes: rubs, injections, sauces, etc.. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's what I'm trying to accomplish by having individual recipe forums here on the bulletin board. For example, the Rubs, Marinades, Brines, Mops & Sauces forum.

The recipes in the "Cooking" section are meant to be representative of the things that can be cooked in the WSM, but it will never be an exhaustive list of documented recipes. Hopefully the individual recipe forums here on the bulletin board can pick up that slack.

Regards,
Chris

What a hoot, Chris!

I was just posting a "DOH, Jeff, you shoulda looked before you posted" post, and along comes your post!

I just didn't think to look on the forums - thanks Chris!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back