Third Burner Won’t Ignite

Kelly C

TVWBB Pro
Can I get some assistance with an issue? What has been the general cause for the third burner on a Genesis E310 to not light by the push button igniter? I just installed a new igniter kit and the first two burners light quickly but the third one won’t unless I use a stick lighter. Any help would be appreciated.

Yeah, getting rid of XOver ignition was a total mistake from Weber. Re your issue, Try cleaning the burner REALLY well especially in the area near the actual igniter.

Can I get some assistance with an issue? What has been the general cause for the third burner on a Genesis E310 to not light by the push button igniter? I just installed a new igniter kit and the first two burners light quickly but the third one won’t unless I use a stick lighter. Any help would be appreciated.
I'd look at the spark with the grates and Flav bars removed. The igniter can move a small amount so to might try sliding the igniter so it is closer to the back of the grill.

Clean the burner under the igniter. Wire brush or 220 sandpaper and clean the tip of the igniter with 220 sandpaper.

If it still isn't lighting, wait till dark and look at the spark. Click it without any gas on and compare it to the ones that work.

Good luck. I'll guess the burner and igniter just need to be cleaned.

I'd look at the spark with the grates and Flav bars removed. The igniter can move a small amount so to might try sliding the igniter so it is closer to the back of the grill.
That is usually the solution I have found.

I'd say check the wire from the connector to the tip of the ignitor for continuity too --- you could have a broken wire or a poor crimp.

Back