Thinner pizza crust.

Out of curiosity, how much diastatic malt powder would you add, based on the exact dough recipe you posted? Thanks !
Sorry I don’t check in here that often, I would add 1-2% depending on the temp you are cooking

450 deg I would add 2% and 550 with a stone or steel 1%

I'll post my own update later.

@Tim Campbell, have you used that before in baking or other recipes?

Reading about people using rolling pins for pizza dough hurts my heart. I probably use a different dough recipe every time but still get a nice Neapolitan style crust. I just google "Neapolitan Pizza Dough" make one that looks good.

Technique is more important than recipe, as is the case with most cooking. This video was the first that came up on a quick search. Most every video on opening up a pizza dough will use the 1/4-turn method for stretching the dough. I'm guessing if you go to your favorite pizza parlor, you'll see the same technique (unless your favorite pizza parlor is Dominos or Pizza Hut).

One of the better videos on 00 flour dough stretching!

How did they come out? Sorry for late response

Keep in mind most bread flours like King Arthur bread flour are already malted , some flours list it as “enzymes”

@Tim Campbell, @M Andreyka

Overdue update from last October.

Pics:

I used @M Andreyka's recipe to make the 4 pizzas.

They were definitely the thinnest pizzas I've ever made. None of my previous attempts were close to this. So I am glad I finally learned how to do this.

Everyone who said to use less dough, was right.

The pizzas ended up being closer to 12" than 14". How can I get it to 14"?

Also, this was the first time I tried balsamic onions on pizza. I made balsamic onion, pineapple, and smoked mozzarella pizzas.

I think that is too many flavorful ingredients. I think only two of those at a time, would be better. So mozzarella and balsamic onions, or mozzarella and pineapple.

FYI, the next pizzas I plan to make are bbq chicken pizzas. I have two different bbq sauces. I want to see if I can tell the difference between the bbq sauces, from the pizzas.

Do I just put the toppings on like normal (chicken will already be cooked before), drizzle the bbq sauce, then cook? Or do I put the cooked chicken in the bbq sauce first, then put the chicken on as a topping?

"Do I just put the toppings on like normal (chicken will already be cooked before), drizzle the bbq sauce, then cook? Or do I put the cooked chicken in the bbq sauce first, then put the chicken on as a topping?"

I think it's a matter of personal taste. Tbh, I find relatively little difference when I do chicken pesto pizza...sometimes I soak the cooked chicken in some pesto, sometimes I don't. But even if you soak yours in bbq ahead of time, you'll still want to sayce your pie with the bbq sauce anyway.

Congratulations on finally getting this down. The crust can be picky. Those look good. It can be hard to get thinner. The right dough and the right rise method will make it easier. But you didbwell. Again, congratulations

"Do I just put the toppings on like normal (chicken will already be cooked before), drizzle the bbq sauce, then cook? Or do I put the cooked chicken in the bbq sauce first, then put the chicken on as a topping?"

I think it's a matter of personal taste. Tbh, I find relatively little difference when I do chicken pesto pizza...sometimes I soak the cooked chicken in some pesto, sometimes I don't. But even if you soak yours in bbq ahead of time, you'll still want to sayce your pie with the bbq sauce anyway.

Ok, so don't use both tomato pizza sauce and bbq sauce. Thanks.

So, when I started making pizza on the grill in 2016, I bought a 3/8" thick Dough Joe.

I've hated it since the beginning. 24 lbs. is too heavy.

Considering I'm still looking for something about 15", which of these do you think would be best?

1) 16"x14" baking steel, 13 lbs.

2) Lodge Cast Iron 15" Pizza Pan, 9.9 lbs.

3) 14"x14" pizza steel, 13 lbs.

4) 14" round steel, 12 lbs.

Also, thoughts on this peel? I already have a peel. Is it worth getting another peel, if this one is easier?

Or if the difference is minimal, I can keep using the peel I have.

EXO Non-Stick Super Peel Pro:

No, not yet. But I will try this. Sorry...just seeing this.

Edit: Sorry again. Forgot I had responded already. Aging sux.

It's better to answer multiple times, than to not answer at all! I appreciate the answer.

Did you ever use diastatic malt powder in baking, whether for pizza or something else?

Back