Things not to do with your WSM

Wayne,

My advice- from one husband to another- smoke the fish, you've got to keep her happy. But if she ever complains about your ribs tasting fishy, you've got the green light to get another WSM.
icon_wink.gif

Do not and I repeat do not wash the water tray in your brand new white coated cast iron Kohler sink that is soo beautiful. It WILL scrtatch the coating... just did it last week. Wife is not toooo happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M. Rollins:
Ya know, I almost put in a disclaimer that I was in NO WAY disputing Harry Soo
icon_biggrin.gif
The man definitely has the credentials to back it up!!! I just felt bad thinking about poor Wayne having to explain to his wife that he couldn't smoke any salmon
icon_smile.gif

I think you are right on the money, Dave. I have no doubt that fish juices caked on the sides or bottom of the smoker would not bode well for some poor butt or brisky that came next. To clarify my (extremely limited) experiences, I have only done small batches at a time. And I went pretty light on the alder smoke. Not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for the input, Dave. I always enjoy your posts!

Mike </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike, that's some kind words, but I really have no idea to be sure. It's just that I've never heard of any issues smoking fish in an offset, so maybe it IS the issue of drippings down around the charcoal and getting baked on. (As long as your offset is off level enough so that the drippings don't end up at the opening to the firebox, they don't start smoking or bake on). Anyway, IF any funky smell ever did show up in a wsm, I'm sure it's nothing that a little elbow grease and Greased Lightening or similiar couldn't take care of.

....ok. I made it all up and my conscience is getting to me. It's just not fair all that heavenly tasting, fresh wild pacific salmon that Wayne and all the folks on the upper left coast have so available to 'em.

I've been telling the Missus that we needed to grill up some of that fish in the freezer, and if it wasn't for my mustard/brown sugar glaze, I don't think we could've stomached the salmon fillets that I just grilled an hour ago.
icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt Sanders:
Wayne,

My advice- from one husband to another- smoke the fish, you've got to keep her happy. But if she ever complains about your ribs tasting fishy, you've got the green light to get another WSM.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. That's a plan, right there.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peter Sanderson:
Do not and I repeat do not wash the water tray in your brand new white coated cast iron Kohler sink that is soo beautiful. It WILL scrtatch the coating... just did it last week. Wife is not toooo happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif
Peter, I wish you good luck with that, and hope the missus isn't the type to throw your flowers in the trashcan.
icon_frown.gif

Back