ThermoWorks Billows

M Andreyka

TVWBB Member
I was having a little trouble with temps and finally started using the "dog bowl" manifold from my old Pitmaster IQ 110 instead of a single vent hole. It seems to have helped keep things a little more stable. Here is a recent cook, the Billows kept the temp within a 10 degree window for 18 hours. The top vent was cracked open about 1/8" or less throughout.
That’s good to know, I run my billows through a 1 1/4” hole that I drilled and made a damper for. Works perfectly

Attachments

• 4BAA767F-C53C-4614-BE5D-36CCCD6E6D1F.jpeg
    4BAA767F-C53C-4614-BE5D-36CCCD6E6D1F.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 7815BF99-9C4C-4E3F-A0B9-941CDC649056.jpeg
    7815BF99-9C4C-4E3F-A0B9-941CDC649056.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 8

M Andreyka

TVWBB Member
They just came out with a damper for the billows.

I ordered one although mine ran fine at 250 without it. This might allow me to run 225 if I wanted.
This kind of pisses me off, because I just bought a billows a couple weeks ago. I was also on the phone with their staff asking why the gasket is not attached to the billows. He told me they are working on a solution, because the glue they were using melted.

They should be sending these out for free, even though mine still held 225 no problem

MKovach

TVWBB Member
This kind of pisses me off, because I just bought a billows a couple weeks ago. I was also on the phone with their staff asking why the gasket is not attached to the billows. He told me they are working on a solution, because the glue they were using melted.

They should be sending these out for free, even though mine still held 225 no problem
My 2nd one arrived like this too, their only suggestion was to use a high heat adhesive.

M Andreyka

TVWBB Member
My 2nd one arrived like this too, their only suggestion was to use a high heat adhesive.
Yeah he hinted at that but I could tell in his voice they didn’t know what to do about it. I hate those stupid springs, they work but I’ve had them snap back on my fingernails a couple times already and it hurts lol.

They need to make a mounting system for this