Thermometers

Todd Brazil

TVWBB Member
Which thermometer seems to be the best performing and most appealing for a 2008 WSM? I really like the look of the Trend Model 33 used in Chris A's Little Red Bullet project. Are there better alternatives out there?

Got the 250 model and did not realize it comes with a Tinnerman Clip vs. threads and nut to secure to lid.

Any experience with tinnerman clips and eyelets?

I went online and Tel-Tru has a 4" stem and a 2.5" stem. Is there an advantage of the longer 4" stem over the 2.5" stem?

There is mention on the board that the 4" has a different reading than the 2.5" I will assume it is closer to the heat source.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark F:
There is mention on the board that the 4" has a different reading than the 2.5" I will assume it is closer to the heat source. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mark, my WSM therm is right on, and I can place a Thermopen through a vent hole 6 inches away and get a different reading. That's why I quit chasing temps a few years ago.

I looked at the posts regarding the 4" stems as suggested by Mark ... went ahead and ordered one. There was one post that had me a little concerned, however. He had a 4.5" stem that was hitting his rib rack. Has anyone else had similar problems?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim V:
I looked at the posts regarding the 4" stems as suggested by Mark ... went ahead and ordered one. There was one post that had me a little concerned, however. He had a 4.5" stem that was hitting his rib rack. Has anyone else had similar problems? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've been using one (BQ300) with a 2.5" stem. It's worked really well for me and doesn't come in contact with anything.

Chad

Back