thermometers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,
I bought a thermometer from barbeque galore and it reads 225-6 F in boiling water, so I need to buy a better one.
I have a grainger out-let near by, but, with so many to choose from, I'm not sure which one is right for the weber bullet.
You guys out there know,.. (of the ones they offer)........which is best the one to purchase?
Thanks and .............what a wonderful website.
Carpenter /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

There has been a ton of discussion on therm's here and as many opinions on which is better as there are post's. I use Polder's and Taylors and they both work fine. You will notice some posts on the beginers page titled ET-73. That is a new one, I think made by Polder(?),it is getting good reviews. It has two probes, one for pit temp and one for internal temp. I just use two regular Polders, one for each purpose.
Try entering thermometer in the search engine at the top of the page, you might get a couple of hits! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
HTH,
Dave

See my reply to your post on this same subject in the WSM Modifications Forum.

For future reference, one post in one forum on one subject should suffice. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Chris

Hey J-

I just got my ET-73 today and all I can say is that this gadget is going to make my first pork butt alot easier and for that matter, probably all my future cooks. The nice thing about this thermometer is that with the one probe (that attaches to the grate with a nifty clip they include) is programmable for a high and low temp. This way, as long as you are in that programmed range, you're okay. The extra probe for the meat temperature is a nice bonus. Throw in that this baby is a transmitter/receiver unit, and it really makes for a convenient and affordable smoking gadget.

I recommend you check it out at thegadgetsource.com . I was very satisfied with the price and the fast shipping.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back