The uncommon built-in Genesis

Yah, I am pretty sure they were intended to be staitionary grills that bold down to wood decks or even anchored into a concrete pad.
That's what I think too. Sometimes you see grills at hotels or resorts that are set out for guests to use. I wonder if these stationary grills were intended for that purpose more than a home outside kitchen application. I can't see building that grill into a stone or brick enclosure where you still need access to the slide out grease tray.

Edit: I wonder if there is any mention of these grills in some of the old catalogs.

Gerry

Right, I think they were intended to be staitionary stand alone. We had a grill, I cant remember the make, but it was NG and bolted to the deck. They were popular back in the 70's.

Edit: I wonder if there is any mention of these grills in some of the old catalogs.

Gerry
The early catalogs such as 1990 that we have show a "Permamount" system that is more elaborate than the simpler frame arrangement on this specimen. We have a lot of holes in our catalog lists from 1985 to the early 2000s, so it is very possible it was listed in one we don' have (yet!).

Back