The Slate is in stock.

I like this thing......the bigger one is still to come.
For some reason a 28 inch Blackstone always seemed like it was going to be too small.....I have seen the 36 inch and used it a little bit.
This 30 inch new model however seems like it would be a really good size. The 36 inch takes up a lot of room but once you start getting the different foods on it you can appreciate the available room.
It also appears as the premium model's only upgrade is the digital temperature display.....but I am not sure.

So what keeps running through my head is.......when I look at the Weber website and see both and older model of the pellet pooper and the flat top and then see a newer model.......does that mean these new ones are that much better and they should have released them at the beginning?
The first Weber flat tops have not been out for very long, did they need to make this model? Is it really that much of an improvement.
But I don't know any of these answers.

Though I might post the difference in money.......feels like a lot to shell out for a griddle.
It doesn't even imply that there will be a bigger one coming anywhere on the page.
We also have to wait if we really wanted one.

1710448237840.png

CANADIAN PRICES THERE FOLKS --- DON'T FALL OUT OF YOUR CHAIRS LIKE I ALMOST DID!
Now you see why I was saying it would be a lot to shell out.......
It looks like it possibly is the best on the market......have to wait and see but pay $1000 for a griddle?
Almost have to be crazy.

Now you see why I was saying it would be a lot to shell out.......
It looks like it possibly is the best on the market......have to wait and see but pay $1000 for a griddle?
Almost have to be crazy.
All that wood you have access to up there, you should be looking at an offset smoker....

Wonder how much that $399 Member's Mark Pro series 5 burner griddle is in Canada? If I had the room, and I really wanted a high quality griddle it's the one I'd grab.

How much is the Traeger Flatrock up there most likely more money then the Weber. $899 US
I am having a hard time finding it available up here as well........
I could go on and on on how we don't have what you guys can get, and if we do we are way behind.......the Slate is a good example.
You guys can go get one and we have them now on pre-order.....Our page doesn't even show the larger model will be coming at some point.

I
So what does Sam's Club sell in their stores there?
I don't believe that is across the boarder either....maybe on the West Coast, I have no idea but not here.
Our big box store that is that kind of retailer is COSTCO, and we cannot buy liquor at those either.
All my answers seem similar......we don't have anything exciting.....HOME DEPOT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Our big box store that is that kind of retailer is COSTCO, and we cannot buy liquor at those either.
Neither Costco near me sells liquor it is not because they don't want to but and every state is different but in GA.

"§ 3-4-21, no person shall be issued more than two Retailer of Distilled Spirits licenses, nor shall any person be permitted to have a beneficial interest in more than two Retailer of Distilled Spirits licenses, regardless of the degree of such interest, except under subparagraph (b) of this paragraph 8."

Costco may have two locations in the State that sell liquor really don't know. All can sell beer and wine which the locations close to me do.

I just bought the Slate 2 weeks ago at my local HD. It’s my first griddle and I love it. Put it together in about 45 minutes. Already made chicken brests, chicken skewers, bacon and eggs. Now I’m just patiently waiting for the Searwood to replace my Genesis.

I just bought the Slate 2 weeks ago at my local HD. It’s my first griddle and I love it. Put it together in about 45 minutes. Already made chicken brests, chicken skewers, bacon and eggs. Now I’m just patiently waiting for the Searwood to replace my Genesis.
Any updates or pictures of said delicious cooks?
How is working out for you?
Have you had to use it in the wind or anything else that sticks out you can report on?

Any updates or pictures of said delicious cooks?
How is working out for you?
Have you had to use it in the wind or anything else that sticks out you can report on?
No pics of the cooks. Sorry about that. So far it’s been great, but remember it’s my first griddle so I have nothing to compare it to. The only issue I have is the accuracy of the temp sensor. It seems to show about 10*F lower than what my infrared gun reads. I haven’t used in the past couple weeks due to the new Searwood that I’ve been using. It stays covered and all the rain in the NE recently hasn’t rusted the griddle so that’s a good thing.

No pics of the cooks. Sorry about that. So far it’s been great, but remember it’s my first griddle so I have nothing to compare it to. The only issue I have is the accuracy of the temp sensor. It seems to show about 10*F lower than what my infrared gun reads. I haven’t used in the past couple weeks due to the new Searwood that I’ve been using. It stays covered and all the rain in the NE recently hasn’t rusted the griddle so that’s a good thing.
Have you measured the temps along all the edges and over where the burners would be to point out any major differences in temps?
The temperature gauge model increases the price to about another $100 where I live. I was thinking that would be something that I wouldn't need to pay extra for...like everything else once you got use to the settings you could make it work well.....like a stove top for example.
So both new searwood and slate.......you could be "the guy" that would be able to introduce us to all the new things....we are all interested in these for sure.
I would buy a slate I think....it's tons of money up here but if it is actually high quality I would be interested.
I am just not sold yet........

Back