The search has finally ended....

JohnS NJ

TVWBB Fan
After so many years of looking for or missing out on, I have FINALLY got myself a 13 bar platinum II in black. Missed out on a redhead a month ago. But now I can Rest In Peace....
Question now is how do I hide this from the wife after promising her no more grills....

Attachments

• F6D45875-D01C-47A7-9502-DC5658ACA451.jpeg
    F6D45875-D01C-47A7-9502-DC5658ACA451.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 71
After so many years of looking for or missing out on, I have FINALLY got myself a 13 bar platinum II in black. Missed out on a redhead a month ago. But now I can Rest In Peace....
Question now is how do I hide this from the wife after promising her no more grills....
Beauty. If I ever find a 5000 I’ll be In that same boat lol

You are rwo steps ahead of me already...I have yet to figure out how to pick up a grill and get it into the garage without the wife knowing.

Lately I just ask her if she wants to go along for the ride.

Unfortunately there is fade. However, unless otherwise, the platinum lid should be the same as the other older brother platinum genny. Those are bit easier to come by.

quick update. Decided to devise a plan with my neighbor to move this grill. Start off moving it out of my garage and through our alleyway, into his backyard and then mine to have it sit with the rest of my Weber’s. Long story short, the gate that leads to the backyard was not wide enough for this grill. We were caught when the wife heard me saying, “are you %+%+#* kidding me??”

Well, if your wife is like mine, she will give you some grief and a lot of eye rolling but at the same time realize there are a lot worse hobbies and things you could be doing. For me, it is the release from slavery in front of a computer screen and the artistic fun of taking something ugly and turning it into something attractive. That goes double if the grill is unusual or historically significant.

Subconsciously, you may have wanted to get caught and get done with the drama. In my house, hot tongue and cold shoulder would be on the menu for a few days. It might be a good time to focus on the honey-do list for the near future while you do your pennance.

I used to get away with it just by putting it in line with the others which are all covered and covering up the new one. Now that I down sized from 12 to 5 working grills and the restoration gen 2 grill it makes it kind of hard to sneak something in.
Oh well always easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.
Being a devoted husband I was at the store awhile back and decided to get Barb some flowers. When I got home I gave her the flowers and she looked at me and said "What! You got another grill". Geez I get no respect around here.

Last edited:
Finally broke the grill down so I can store it indoors during the winter months in the north east. Surprisingly in very good shape with the typical rust that one would expect for a 23 year old grill. Couldn’t date the grill since the label was faded. But the lp connector to the side burner had date of 1997. Only issue I had was disassembling the side burner table so I could clean and spray the aluminum frame. There was a good amount of rust on the tube from the valve all the way to the burner. I’m hoping it’s still functional and salvagable. Didn’t want to fire it up as I was already feeling the cold shoulder from the mrs. So fully disassembled and will chronicle by rehab in the spring.

To make things right, I decided to fire up my last piece of what I assumed to be a wagyu steak (see my past post of a possible mislabel on Costco end). Was going to save that for the Super Bowl. But since my pats are unlikely going to make it, might as well enjoy it now.

Back