The most beautiful grill I’ve ever seen

I can't imagine how to clean it. Yah it be black so maybe it would be great for someone who doesn't ever clean the grill (like most of the previous owners of the freebees we get;-)). But I don't think I would be using razor blades and Steel wool to clean it like I can on the Webers.

I can't imagine how to clean it. Yah it be black so maybe it would be great for someone who doesn't ever clean the grill (like most of the previous owners of the freebees we get;-)). But I don't think I would be using razor blades and Steel wool to clean it like I can on the Webers.
i only use a plastic paint scraper lol

If I didn't own so many grills already, I would jump on this napoleon in a heart beat even at MSRP. God knows I'm a cheapo who only buys stuff on sale so this is saying a lot about this bbq.

Lowes is selling a line of Napoleon grills. They look to be very decent quality but are a bit large for my purposes. I think it's the Rogue series. If my Spirit S210 NG fails me, I might consider the smallest model NG they sell.

Lowes is selling a line of Napoleon grills. They look to be very decent quality but are a bit large for my purposes. I think it's the Rogue series. If my Spirit S210 NG fails me, I might consider the smallest model NG they sell.
yeah rogue is aligned w spirit, Prestige w Genesis, and Prestige Pro w Summit

That may actually be easier to keep looking good. The gloss black and stainless on my Weber takes a lot of work to make it look good and not have streaks and smears.

JSaus: You are not very far from our First Annual TVWBB Upper Midwest Meet and I want to extend an invitation for you to join us on June 19th in N. Illinois. It will be a great time with a lot going on of interest to grill fans. Check out the link above and we hope to see you there.
Thanks,
Bruce

If I would be in the market for a new grill (which is not going to happen :)) I would look at Napoleon as well. Their quality seems to be as good or better as Weber and they seem to have a better warranty. Unfortunately used ones are rare where I live.
But the matt black version is not my cup of tea. Same with black or matt black cars which I don't like either. I prefer to have colorful grills in my backyard and prefer my pink Q1200 over any black grill. But that is me.

I didn't look too closely at the one in Lowes. I wonder what the base and cabinet components/construction are? Those are weakest links for Webers.

That may actually be easier to keep looking good. The gloss black and stainless on my Weber takes a lot of work to make it look good and not have streaks and smears.
I dunno. You ever have a black t-shirt that you get a grease stain on?? No matter what you do, that grease stain is still visible after 10 washes and various soaps/chemicals. In my head, this matte black finish would be like that: grease stains that you can just never quite get all the way clean. I'll stick with my Weber stainless.

Good analogy JSalley. Yep, those matte finishes (tshirts included) to seem to hold the stains from oil and grease.

I dunno. You ever have a black t-shirt that you get a grease stain on?? No matter what you do, that grease stain is still visible after 10 washes and various soaps/chemicals. In my head, this matte black finish would be like that: grease stains that you can just never quite get all the way clean. I'll stick with my Weber stainless.
I guess it depends on the actual finish. If it is like black primer, it will be a disaster. If it is a smooth flat enamel, it may wipe of just fine. I would like to see one on display after people have had their hands all over it.

Back