The forgotten Weber Flame 27000 Fireplace/Fire Pit

I have had mine since 2005, took it to the powder coater about 7 years ago, it got scratched up during a move so took it to the powder coater again. Left the sides black but did everything else in a hammered bronze, did the top and the Weber badge in copper and replaced the lava rock/logs with fireglass.

View attachment 59330View attachment 59331
Sorry for the stupid question but please explain powder coater process? How much does it cost, etc.? Apologies for the dumb question but that Weber Flame looks amazing!

Sorry for the stupid question but please explain powder coater process? How much does it cost, etc.? Apologies for the dumb question but that Weber Flame looks amazing!
Fair question, might be easier to Google it though, it’s kind of involved, not complicated but…others can probably be more help.
I will say that place did a beautiful job! That is cool!

Last edited:
When I collect the appropriate 1” stainless stock for a frame rebuild, I will find someone to do the cook box and end caps!
Sometimes it’s nice to know a “Tool and die” guy that has connections, I’m not really sure that this may be one of them, I might make myself nuts getting material!

Are you going to build a totally custom frame or are you going to modify a SS Platinum Genesis frame.

I was considering the fireglass on my flame. Can you show a photo of it at night lit up? Do you have any problems with it using the fireglass?
I will take a pic next time I use it at night. So far no issues and I think it puts out more heat. Not sure if it's the fire glass or if not having the logs the flames get higher.

I don't know all the details of powder coating but the guy sand blasts the old finish off, then sprays the powder coat on and then it goes into an oven to "bake" the finish on. He charged me $350 which seemed like quite a bit more than the last time but maybe it's inflation.

Are you going to build a totally custom frame or are you going to modify a SS Platinum Genesis frame.
I’m thinking total custom, lift kit for my backs sake even! It’s really bad when you have friends with cabinetmaking skills that do things like the “Overperformer“ and other buddies with metalworking talent, darned enablers!
I’ll let you know when/if this happens. Maybe powder coat the caps and box in a hammered silver finish? Ooooh sexy!
What do you think, maybe baby moon hubs?🤣

Timothy, with the SS Platinum frame and deep box, my grill is significantly higher than any other Genesis. My cooking grates are more than 37" off the ground.

I just picked up my 2nd Flame fireplace and am thinking about attempting an ignitor replacement. It doesn't look like the OEM ignitor box assembly is an available part, so I'm wondering if someone has already "been there & done that" with a plan B solution using an alternate electrode before I tear into disassembly.

I just picked up my 2nd Flame fireplace and am thinking about attempting an ignitor replacement. It doesn't look like the OEM ignitor box assembly is an available part, so I'm wondering if someone has already "been there & done that" with a plan B solution using an alternate electrode before I tear into disassembly.
I don't know if it would fit, but an igniter from 2007 to 2010 genesis 3xx with side controls might work. It is a AA battery style. I think 2007 is slightly different from 2009, but I don't recall the differences.

For example

GRISUN 67847 Igniter Kit Replacement for Weber Genesis 300 Series Grills with Side-Control (2008-2010) - E310 E320 EP310 EP320 S310 S320 CEP-310 CEP-320, 1819-51 Igniter with Ceramic Collector Box https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R8J2MSD/?tag=tvwb-20

I don't know if it would fit, but an igniter from 2007 to 2010 genesis 3xx with side controls might work. It is a AA battery style. I think 2007 is slightly different from 2009, but I don't recall the differences.

For example

GRISUN 67847 Igniter Kit Replacement for Weber Genesis 300 Series Grills with Side-Control (2008-2010) - E310 E320 EP310 EP320 S310 S320 CEP-310 CEP-320, 1819-51 Igniter with Ceramic Collector Box https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R8J2MSD/?tag=tvwb-20
This solution might be overthinking the wheel. What's there is a front mounted piezo igniter button with a vertically mounted electrode. I'm thinking about making a run at it with the following if left to my own experimentation...

Clicky Sparky
piezo2.jpgpiezo1.jpgpiezo2.jpgpiezo1.jpg

For example

2007 model had a separate ignitor with a metal gas accumulation box. 2008-2010 has the igniter attached to the front burner.

Back