The Big Cook is Underway **Updated with Photos**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely done Jim! Great Pics. Really like 155 & 158, and 164 made me hungry for pulled pork.
icon_smile.gif

Wow, man. That's a lot of pork. Beautiful pictures, and great work. I realize as I write this that I just finished my last bit of frozen deliciousness this weekend, so I'm going to have to do a big cook myself to restock the freezer.

You know you've done a great job when your pictures are making us all hungry and antsy to get home to our cookers. I'll bet that there are a bunch of slobbery computer screens out there...

Thanks for all the comments. Bill asked about the setup and its just from the mods section here.4 12 inch pieces of threaded rod with 24 fender washers and 24 nuts. The center rack is exactly in the middle at 6 inches. One word of advice to anyone doing this is sit there at the store and make sure the threads are good on the rods...ie. turn the nut all the way down the length of the rod or youre going to be cussing yourself out later.

I think Im going to leave this setup this way and order new top and bottom racks from Weber.

i had no trouble receiving your photos. and what awesome photos they were! what a great job. wish my cooks could look so good! thanks for posting these. T

I'm amazed and dazzled. Great set up and even better pictures. You have set the bar high.

Griff

I might as well jump in and say "good job Jim"..
Pics were great and the meat looks fantabulous.

Jim, you think your a computer moron, Bud im the club President.
DP

Jim, kudos to you!! That much pork was impressive to see, both intact and then pulled...why no pics of the satisfied peeps enjoying the fruits of your labor??

Cool grate mod...thought about doing that myself but I don't know how...not very handy with tools and stuff!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg Rempe:
Cool grate mod...thought about doing that myself but I don't know how...not very handy with tools and stuff!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Come on Rempe. Surely you can turn a few (okay, alot) of nuts and washers on a threaded rod. I can see not being able to weld, I can't either (did it in high school (100 yrs ago)). Now you get out and go to the hardware store... and don't post again until you've made your mods. Chris' attempt at tough love.
icon_razz.gif

Jim,
The pics were awesome!! Fantastic job on the grate mod and the butts!

Greg,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Cool grate mod...thought about doing that myself but I don't know how...not very handy with tools and stuff!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just remember, "righty tighty, lefty loosy"!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Awesome, Jim. I recently did a big cook (36 lbs)of butt myself, and would have done more if I could have fit another 2 of them like your rig. I'll have to search out the other topics that detail the build.

first, i saw the pics.. wow very impressive with the amount of meat.. and i like your mods......

you werent kidding when you said you got snow.. wow already.. thats wild.....nice deck......im glad the meat worked out..
take care

Jim,

That grate setup is awesome! Great job on your successful cook. I like your tarp windblock. Bet that made a big difference, 'cause up here in Huskyland it was pretty windy after the snowstorm. We ended up getting about 4 inches. Congratulations again!

Rob

Thanks Rob. Always good to see another person from CT here...were few and far between. Lets just say my wife didnt appreciate the wind block, I cant repeat what she said when she saw it. She had me make sure it was down before the guests arrived.

Jim,
I'm home this weekend and finally got to see your pictures. Good job man. Everything looked great. Glad it went so well for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back