The Adapt-a-Damper - Open Source Project

I would like to print a Adapt-a-Damper but because I have to use a 3d print service I would like to make really sure to have selected the right parts to be printed.

Preconditions:
  • BBQ-Guru ceramic style adaptor
  • RDTC-board V6.3
  • Delta 50mm 6.7cfm orderer from Bryan with the HM-Kit
Part list:
  • TopCase_2Hole.stl
  • TopDisc_2Hole.stl
  • BottomCase_V2_Delta.stl
  • BottomCaseBox_V2_TCboard.stl
  • Adapter.stl
Are these the right parts?

And another question:
There was a discussion reagarding the overlap: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?63198-The-Adapt-a-Damper-Open-Source-Project&p=720106&viewfull=1#post720106 and following posts.
But the files havo not made it to thingiverse yet?
At least the file date for the MG90-Version (TopDisc_2Hole.stl - 01-15-16) is prior to the date of the post.

Thanks,
Thomas.

I would like to print a Adapt-a-Damper but because I have to use a 3d print service I would like to make really sure to have selected the right parts to be printed.

Preconditions:
  • BBQ-Guru ceramic style adaptor
  • RDTC-board V6.3
  • Delta 50mm 6.7cfm orderer from Bryan with the HM-Kit
Part list:
  • TopCase_2Hole.stl
  • TopDisc_2Hole.stl
  • BottomCase_V2_Delta.stl
  • BottomCaseBox_V2_TCboard.stl
  • Adapter.stl
Are these the right parts?

And another question:
There was a discussion reagarding the overlap: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?63198-The-Adapt-a-Damper-Open-Source-Project&p=720106&viewfull=1#post720106 and following posts.
But the files havo not made it to thingiverse yet?
At least the file date for the MG90-Version (TopDisc_2Hole.stl - 01-15-16) is prior to the date of the post.

Thanks,
Thomas.

Thomas, those are the correct files. Regarding your other question, if you are referring to the SG90 files, they are there.

I have a question about the "official Delta fan" version. When I bought my kit from Bryan it came with the 60mm Delta fan that's listed on the github wiki model BFB0612H not the 50mm fan. Will the 60 mm fan fit in the V2 Delta bottom as well?

I'll step in for WBegg and let you know that it will not fit. WBegg lives in Australia, so his timing around here only overlaps a small portion of the day.

I'll step in for WBegg and let you know that it will not fit. WBegg lives in Australia, so his timing around here only overlaps a small portion of the day.

Ah thanks Steve. This might have to wait for WBegg but would the modifications be easily possible for a novice? Or would making this fan work be a big rework of the project? I'm willing to try the mods if it's advisable or would I be better off buying a new blower / looking at Tom's Barrel damper which seems to be the only one for the 60mm fan.

Well you wouldn't really be able to modify it yourself, unless you enjoy melting plastic. WBegg might be willing to create a 3D model to fit a 60mm blower, but I do know he's super busy getting ready to move back to the states...so who knows. I'll let him chime in once he wakes up.

No I had thought about trying my hand at modifying the model. I thought I read somewhere in the thread the source files were available but I could be mistaken I've been going through all the damper threads and they're kind of running together. It would be awesome if WBegg did make a 60mm version but it sounds like I'm the in minority with a 60mm fan.

No I had thought about trying my hand at modifying the model. I thought I read somewhere in the thread the source files were available but I could be mistaken I've been going through all the damper threads and they're kind of running together. It would be awesome if WBegg did make a 60mm version but it sounds like I'm the in minority with a 60mm fan.

Last time I checked they were on thingiverse

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been in the middle of trying to get stuff moved back to the US, along with myself in a few days.

Regarding the 60mm fan, SteveCK is correct. It will not fit, nor is there an adapt-a-damper design that it will fit. I can design one if there is enough demand, but it will be a while until I can hit the ground running again.

There is a design on thingiverse for a 15 CFM version, however.

Last time I checked they were on thingiverse

I don't see them, the zip only has STL along with the nonprinting related files.

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been in the middle of trying to get stuff moved back to the US, along with myself in a few days.

Regarding the 60mm fan, SteveCK is correct. It will not fit, nor is there an adapt-a-damper design that it will fit. I can design one if there is enough demand, but it will be a while until I can hit the ground running again.

There is a design on thingiverse for a 15 CFM version, however.

Good Luck with your move! Don't worry about designing something especially with the international move. I doubt there's much demand, I think the 60cm fan used to be the standard and then it changed to the 50. I bought my kit from Bryan a while ago but life got in the way of actually building it until now. The 15cfm fan version looks like it might work, that fan has similar geometry I'll play with it and share my results if I can get anywhere.

Being the holidays and all, I would like to give away a free Adapt-a-Damper to the 1st member that can answer 3 questions accurately. The 1st one to PM me with the correct answers wins. The giveaway will include free shipping within the Continental States.

Question 1: What's 2+2
Question 2: What is the name of the Genius that has us all enthralled with this project?
Question 3: What is silkscreened (text) on the 4.2.4 board for the 5 volt regulator module?

First PM wins.

Happy Holidays

OK, never got a reply address from the winner, so the free AD is again up for grabs. Just have to answer the 3 questions listed above.

Question 1: What's 2+2
Question 2: What is the name of the Genius that has us all enthralled with this project?
Question 3: What is silkscreened (text) on the 4.2.4 board for the 5 volt regulator module?

First PM wins.

I just finished building my first heatermeter and now I need to figure out how to get it attached to my smoker

Q1:If I wanted to get a current model printed that would mate with a BBQ Guru Adapter (for WSM) and Delta blower (from Bryan's kit) - which files should I use?

Q2: Is there anyone on the forum offering printing services?

The files you need are BottomCase_V2_Delta, TopCase_2Hole, BottomCaseBox_V2, TopDisc_2Hole, and Adapter. I can print one for you for less than $50. The $50 price includes the fan, Servo, and LAN jack, installed, tested, and ready to use. Shoot me a PM if you want just the case, and I'll see what I can do.

What is the diameter of the opening on the adapter? Not sure if all the BBQGuru adapters are the same OD (for example the WSM and the ceramic parts both look rather different on the site, only have the WSM in my possession so no idea if they are really different)

Back