Thanks a lot guys...

Jeff Gilbert

OK.....so I cooked a few pork butts on my Weber Performer and it turned out great.

I am part of a BIG family. My wife is one of 14 kids. My mother-in-law requested I make pulled pork for her birthday over the 4th of July. Everyone comes home over the 4th....we are talking 27-28 adults and 35 grandkids...ranging from less than a year to 21 years old. How was I going to smoke enough pork on my Weber Performer grill???

Well....I chanced upon this website! I bought a WSM and took it to my mother in laws house. First time using the thing...

I smoked 8 pork "shoulders" ranging in size from 5 to 8 lbs. I didn't think they would all fit...

I smoked them for 10 hours, foil wrapped them, and placed them in a dry cooler for two hours.

They turned out to be the best pulled pork I have made and I was able to feed all those people!

Thanks to all here at this site for the help. I look out at my Weber bullet and get a warm fuzzy...I wish I didn't have to work during the day otherwise i would be smoking every night...

Thanks!

Welcome to the obession Jeff. Glad to hear your first cook was a big success.
icon_cool.gif

Nice!!! Wait for the calls to be coming in, "can you do this cook for us, can you do some ribs for us, blah, blah, blah." Not only are you now going to be obsessed but everyone who eats your Q will now be hooked. Sorry to report this. Congrats on your cook, that's a killer story!

I was just so utterly amazed at how easy it was...I still can't believe it. The thing held 225-250 all day with a few additions of briquettes. It was EASY...

Yes...I'm totally hooked!

Back