Thank You w/ Pics

Bob Porter

TVWBB Member
I am not a real demonstrative person. Yet I feel a need to say Thank you.

Last year I toyed with the idea of getting a smoker. I put it off after researching a bit. I came back to this idea in July. I kept trying to determine what kind of smoker to get. After reading thread after thread on other boards, it became apparent that WSM owners are almost universally happy whereas other beginner smokers have mixed results. I decided on a WSM.

After that, I found this site. I rarely visit the other boards at this point.

Of course, hanging out here cost me as instead of re-building my POC gasser, I purchased a OTG.
icon_smile.gif

So now I am smoking and grilling several times a week. My wife finally approves of one of my hobbies and enjoys the results.

Last night after putting the children to bed I found myself on the deck relaxing. Wifey was out for the night. I had the WSM going with a butt (I am addicted to the Renowned Mr. Brown) and the OTG searing a Delmonico. I was enjoying several ABTs I had pulled off earlier.

It occurred to me, life is good.

weber.jpg

Thank you for all the help. This site and forum are great repositories of knowledge. I learned how to successfully smoke and grill here, although I still have plenty to learn. My initial concerns that the WSM spiked in temps seems to be having the probe too close to the food. Last night's cook held at 225 all the way through. I am a very happy camper.

Thank you.

This will be lunch today!

butt.jpg

Bob

The Butt looks great.

I'm curious about the circular things you have under the WSM etc. What are they were did you get them ? Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Furdyn:
I'm curious about the circular things you have under the WSM etc. What are they were did you get them ? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Those are grill mats purchased from Home Depot for $12.something each.

time to chime in.
been meaning to start this same thread, but my typing is so slow, it's too frustrating to start, so i'll jump on this one. been lurking for over a year, this site is solely responsible for me buying a weber. even dumped my half busted, mostly useless gasser on the curb for a used OTG from craigslist thanks to you guys. three smokes in and couldn't be happier. support, info, and general good vibes here are unequaled in my web experience.
will be looking for comp team help here in RI come springtime, in case there's anyone interested. thanks again, jeff

One warning on the grill pads for the deck. While they are fireproof, don't put your lit chimney on one as it is heating up. It will burn through and cause significant issues with your wood deck. Trust me on this one.

Bob

Back