Thai Black versus Black Bean Burgers

Chris Lynch

TVWBB All-Star
Meat versus Veggies

Had a few people over the other night and some don't eat meat. So Burgers all around. I found a recipe from the weber app called "Thai Black Burgers" with fish sauce, mint, lime and cilantro and topped with ginger mushrooms. They are really very very tasty and this is the 2nd time I made them.

first the black bean burgers are up.

versus meat!

Action shots! looks like the meat is winning!

There was so much going on this night that I didn't have a chance for more shots. Its a shame because I did the french fries exactly like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIiQbeVHgX0
and wow were they perfect and everyone was loving them. I am definitely going to do them like this from now on.

There was so much going on, that this plated pic is from leftovers the next night...

Thanks for looking!

FYI - Before you pass judgment, let me say that the black bean burgers are really good. They are kinda labor intensive but worth it. Some of the ingredients include cayenne, lime juice, soy, hummus and quick oats. your favorite vegetarian/vegan will thank you. (if you have a favorite)

Nice cooking Chris! Do have the recipe to share for the black bean burgers? I know
you listed the ingredients, but how about the amounts for each.

Looks great Chris. My daughter is a pescatarian, so we do plenty of veggie stuff when she's home. The bean burgers look good to me.

Back