Texas Style Hot Links

Daniel Shuflin

TVWBB Member
Does anyone know where you can order Texas Style Hot Links on the internet. I know there are all kinds of hot links out there. I am craving some good hot links like the kind you would find in an old BBQ joint down south. I can't seem to find any here in the Northwest and don' have the time or equipment to make my own.

Thanks
Dan

Try Slovaceks:

www.slovecek.com

Their Jalapeno sausage is to die for and they have some of the best prices I've seen. The jalapeno sausage is $2.95/lb. I ordered 12 lbs last time, they threw in an extra lb and I paid $51 total with FedEx shipping in the styrofoam box.

Tom

Good to see you post again. I love smoked sausage, but don't tolerate real spicy or hot sausage very well. How would you describe those you ordered ?

Paul

Dan
If you want to come up to the house we can make up a batch. Bigwheels TX Hot links are hard to beat. I have everything we need.
Jim

Jim

Lets do it. We can get together to make the sausage and talk about the video project while we are at it. Pick a weekend when you are free and I will let you know if it will work for me.

Dan

Originally posted by Paul G.:
Tom

Good to see you post again. I love smoked sausage, but don't tolerate real spicy or hot sausage very well. How would you describe those you ordered ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

They're not outrageous hot. There's a little kick, but no more than a spicy mustard. And no "after effects" if you know what I mean.
icon_smile.gif

If you think they might be too spicy, they also have a beef and pork sausage that is good also. Same price. I usually get some of both kinds each time I order.

Where ya been, Tom?

I'll second the Slovecek sausage suggestion. Good stuff. Southside's are pretty good too. Kreuz's stuff I think is better eaten at Kreuz's, where the ambience makes up for the blandness of the food; just a personal opinion.

A sausage-making extravaganza at Minion's would be a trip though!

Quote:

I'll second the Slovecek sausage suggestion. Good stuff. Southside's are pretty good too. Kreuz's stuff I think is better eaten at Kreuz's, where the ambience makes up for the blandness of the food; just a personal opinion.

Kevin,
I'm not sure when you last visited Kreuz's, but they've had to expand and now occupy a huge new facility that does not offer the same ambience.
Paul

Dan
Right now I'm pretty open unless I do end up going to Vejas to compete on Oct 20/21. Saturdays are best. Need to find a day when the weather is bad, cool and raining would be great.
Bring your beautiful lady with you and I will supply the big Zin and some Agave.
Jim

Paul--

'Ambience' was a poor choice of words. What they have is parking! Yes, they're cavernous but I like the ladies in back that take your order. It's a challenge to see if I can alter their perfunctory dryness. Occasionally I succeed. I make sauce and sneak it in. When I have time, I park at Kreuz and ride my bike to Black's. I like their sides.

Kevin,

If sides interest you, you might consider Chisolm Trail BBQ just a little further south on the same road, but still in Lockhart. I've stopped in there a number of times and they offer many more side options than your standard Q joint, but definately no ambience!

Paul

Back