Tennessee > Madison: Bar-B-Cutie

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Bar-B-Cutie
1787 Gallatin Rd. North
Madison, TN 37115

As I write this, Bar-B-Cutie has 1 location in Georgia, 4 locations in Texas, and 7 locations in Tennessee.

My sister, who I have appointed The Official TVWBB Greater Nashville Area BBQ Restaurant Correspondent, visited Bar-B-Cutie in Madison on 8/22/21 for lunch.

IMG-2262.jpg

She and her husband both had a half slab of baby back ribs and a cornbread pancake. She had sides of turnip greens and cornbread dressing with gravy; he had sides of cole slaw and baked beans.

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

IMG_2265.JPG

My sister's comments: "Great family atmosphere. Busy, but great service. Meats include baby back ribs, sausage, pulled pork, brisket, pulled chicken, smoked chicken breast, smoked turkey breast, and smoked wings. Twenty sides to choose from, some are seasonal. Delicious fall-off-the-bone ribs! Four sauces to choose from. Cornbread dressing w/gravy was like Thanksgiving in your mouth. Choice of cornbread pancake or Texas toast; the pancake was so-so. Brisket and onion rings looked amazing...next time. Oh, and amazing crushed ice for your soda!"

They enjoyed Bar-B-Cutie so much that they went back again just a few days later on 8/25/21 for lunch. This time both had a half slab of baby back ribs, onion rings, and Texas toast, and both shared some sliced brisket. She had a side of turnip greens and he had a side of mac & cheese.

IMG_2275.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

My sister's comments: "We had to go again! Got the brisket this time and different sides like the onion rings and mac & cheese. All soooo good!"

Thank you Chris. I am super curious what cornbread dressing with gravy and cornbread pancakes are. Is this common in the south at BBQ joints? And it is common to serve ribs uncut?

Back