Tenderloining into the weekend

Peach and pecan were my two favorites as we like a light smoke. Cherry is great also and puts a beautiful color on the meat. Still have a boat load of smoking wood but no WSM anymore. although I do use it occasionally in the performer when I can use it..

Peach and pecan were my two favorites as we like a light smoke. Cherry is great also and puts a beautiful color on the meat. Still have a boat load of smoking wood but no WSM anymore. although I do use it occasionally in the performer when I can use it..
I have not got to try cherry yet, I had cherry and post oak (which I have also not tried yet) in my Fruita order, but backed from 4 woods to the 2.

The cherry is super unique. It make my ribs come out very very dark, like beyond brown....freaks some people out but they taste outstanding of course.
I do enjoy the cherry, maybe a cherry peach mix next pork cook?

It’s incredible how different wood can be, both in smoke profiles and also by brand. The cherry from Fruita is way different from the stuff I get at Home Depot. Much richer and better color. I like to mix some cherry with hickory as well for beef and pork.

That's my mix for pork butt and ribs, great flavor and color.
Thanks for the tips I was going to be trying a few new combinations out here soon. Peach and cherry on pork......
I just got word my bbq arrived at the selling location and will ship soon. pretty jacked to get that charcoal ring / diffuser working on a nice butt or brisket real soon.

Last edited:

Back