Temperature Control

Seems to be going well so far. Started with SmokeBoost for 3 hours, and have been gradually increasing temperature from there. Temps have been as steady as could be expected. Still not sure on the difference between the actual temp and the reported temp, but I’m impressed so far.
They're coming along great and, as you well know, the meat will tell you when it's tender enough. One nice thing about the Smokefire is the smooth smoke taste it adds to the meat. Enjoy and thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Wrapped the rest at 180. SmokeFire still going strong. Maybe another hour or two, then into the cooler to rest overnight.

Good cook. The flavor the grill imparts to birds is really good. My wife says that a spatchcock bird off the Smokefire tastes like the rotisserie chicken off my Performer rotisserie.
I’m definitely looking forward to trying all kinds of things on the SmokeFire now. Definitely exceeded expectations. I have a brisket in the freezer, and I’ve been looking for pizza recipes. I’d love to try a whole turkey, also.

Like Larry, I've thought about an EX4. I would still keep the Camp Chef for its reliability and simplicity. Been watching for about two years now and haven't seen an EX4 come up for sale and only a couple of EX6 which is too big for just the two of us.
Figure if it became a PITA then I would just unload it and continue on with the Camp Chef.

Back