Temp

Paul Smith

It's approximately 40* outside I've got a butt and loin on the weber. My temp on my grill is around 160 is this ok?

If you just got it fired up, be sure you let it come to temp before panicking and adding charcoal. Did you fill the charcoal ring and use the minion method? If so and you have a butt and a loin on and water in the pan, its gonna take a little bit for the temp to climb up.

Last edited:
The highest point I've reached is 225

I'm struggling its a windy day cool also

QUOTE=Steven P (Tupelo);382196]If you just got it fired up, be sure you let it come to temp before panicking and adding charcoal. Did you fill the charcoal ring and use the minion method? If so and you have a butt and a loin on and water in the pan, its gonna take a little bit for the temp to climb up.[/QUOTE]

If you want 225 that's cool. If you want higher temps, crack the lid by placing a metal spatula under it or flip the door and prop it open a bit.
It won't take long to get you're temps up!!:wsm:

Tim

Just got play with it a little Paul. I smoked yesterday in the upper 30s and high winds. Ended up closing 1 of the three bottom vents and had the other 2 about 1/3 open. Wind was swirling so I just gambled with which vent I closed. I stayed between 241-253 for more than 2 hours with food on. But it was up that high for about 3 hours before I put food in! I run out of 9lbs. of KBB in the end. My fault though. Started it up then the better half had me at the store so I couldn't load it until I got back.

Back