Temp probe holder

Larry D.

TVWBB Emerald Member
After losing the clip that came with my Stoker, I found that an ordinary wood clothespin does a good job in holding the temperature probe. It clips securely to the WSM grate, and the probe fits through the hole in the coil spring. After a couple of cooks the pin has darkened some, but doesn't show any signs of charring. It should work just as well with Polder or Maverick probes.

Good idea!!!

After I lost my clip I started using a small potato or a small balled up piece of tinfoil to stick the probe through.

Now I just stick my probe about 3/4 way into one of the Guru eyelets and it sits just below the grate, away from the food, and not touching the grate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Larry D.:...I found that an ordinary wood clothespin does a good job in holding the temperature probe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>GENIUS!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregg M.:

Now I just stick my probe about 3/4 way into one of the Guru eyelets and it sits just below the grate, away from the food, and not touching the grate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've done that with a dial-type candy/deep fry thermometer, and still do sometimes when I don't feel like hooking up the Stoker or messing with Polders, Mavericks, or Nu Temps (I think I have a total of 5 of these accumulated over the years). And it works just as well now as it did back in the "ECB years".
icon_smile.gif

Back